This Vakalatnama format can be used for Civil Courts, Criminal Courts, Family Court, Tribunals, Consumer Forums and High Court. But it cannot be used for Supreme Court as Only Advocate on Record, who qualified AOR, examination and enrolled as AOR can file Vakalatnama in Supreme Court.
Sample format of Vakalatnama is given below:
IN THE HIGH COURT OF ____________AT NEW DELHI
SUIT/APPEAL/COMPLAINT/PETITION/W.P. NO._____ OF 20__
In the Matter of:
_________________________Plaintiff /Appellant /Petitioner/ Complainant
KNOW ALL to whom these present shall come that I/We __________________________the above named __________________do hereby appoint:______________________________
(herein after called the advocate/s) to be my/our Advocate in the above noted case authorise him:-
1. To act, appear and plead in the above-noted case in this Court or in any other Court in which the same may be tried or heard and also in the appellate Court including High Court subject to payment of fees separately for each Court by me/us.
2. To sign, file, verify and present pleadings, appeals, cross-objections or petitions for executions review revision, withdrawal, compromise or other petitions or affidavits or other documents as may be deemed necessary or proper for the prosecution of the said case in all its stages subject to payment of fees for each stage.
3. To file and take back documents, to admit and/or deny the documents of opposite party.
4. To withdraw or compromise the said case or submit to arbitration any differences or disputes that may arise touching or in any manner relating to the said case.
5. To take execution proceedings.
6. To deposit, draw and receive monthly cheques, cash and grant receipts thereof and to do all other acts and things which may be necessary to be done for the progress and in the course of the prosecution of the said case.
7. To appoint and instruct any other Legal Practitioner authorising him to exercise the power and authority hereby conferred upon the Advocate whenever he may think fit to do so and to sign the power of attorney on our behalf.
8. And I/We the undersigned do hereby agree to rectify and confirm all acts done by the Advocate or his substitute in the matter as my/our own acts, as if done by me/us to all intents and proposes.
9. And I/We undertake that I/We or my/our duly authorised agent would appear in Court on all hearings and will inform the Advocate for appearance when the case is called.
10. And I/We the undersigned do hereby agree not to hold the advocate or his substitute responsible for the result of the said case.
11. The adjournment costs whenever ordered by the Court shall be of the Advocate which he shall receive and retain for himself.
12. And I/We the undersigned to hereby agree that in the event of the whole or part of the fee agreed by me/us to be paid to the advocate remaining unpaid he shall be entitled to withdraw from the prosecution of the said case until the same is paid up. The fee settled is only for the above case and above Court. I//we hereby agree that once fee is paid, I/We will not be entitled for the refund of the same in any case whatsoever and if the case prolongs for more than 3 years the original fee shall be paid again by me/us.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I/We do hereunto set my/our hand to these presents the
contents of which have been understood by me/us on this _______day of _____200__
Accepted, and identified the client.
_________ ADVOCATE _________ ADVOCATE _________ CLIENT
Mobile No: ___________ E-Mail : ______________
POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE SIGNING VAKALATNAMA
The Following points are important while signing a Vakalatnama.
1. This Valakalatnama is useful only for Trial Courts, Consumer Forums, Tribunals and High Court. For Supreme Court there is another format of Vakalatnama. Only Advocate on Record can file Vakalatnama in Supreme Court in his name.
2. The Vakalatnama should be in the name of an Advocate
3. To change your Advocate, No Objection Certificate is not required in many courts, but you have to confirm it from particular court to avoid disputes or problems if any.
Consumer Complaint under Section 12 of Consumer Protection Act 1986, with District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, in case of exorbitant charge by Credit Card Bank and harassment by Recovery Agents
Suits and Complaint Formats
Format of Suit for Compensation for death due to negligence or physical disability due to negligence of others. The Suit can be filed before Competent Judge in Civil Court as per pecuniary Jurisdiction
Power of Attorney