If you are holding Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) and you want to change address, contact mobile / telephone number or want to do correction in the name or other PAN card data, you can do it through the website of NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited).
To apply for changes or correction in PAN Details online, you have to keep the supporting documents handy. The information filled in the PAN data modification application should be accurate and comparable with supporting documents. When you open the website of NSDL to apply for changes or correction in pan details six options will appear under the heading Application for PAN through online services. They are 1. New PAN for Indian Citizens (Form 49A), 2. New PAN for Foreign Citizens (Form 49AA), 3. Changes or correction in PAN details, 4. Reprint of PAN Card, 5. Transaction Status Enquiry and 6. Status Track for PAN Application.
To Apply for Changes or correction in PAN Details through NSDL website, Please chose the 3rd Option to apply for changes or correction in PAN details.
1. Open NSDL website to To Apply for new PAN Card through NSDL website
2. Hit on the option Changes or Correction in PAN Details. When you Hit on the Changes or Correction in PAN Details button another web page will open like shown below:
3. Hit on Online Application for changes or Correction of PAN Data (PAN Change Request Form)
4. Select Status of Applicant i.e. Individual, Partnership Firm, Body of Individuals, Hindu Undivided Family, Association of Persons, Body of Individuals, Local Authority, Company, Trust, Artificial Judicial Person, Government Authority or Limited Liability Partnership.
5. Hit on Select Button
6. Strike on Submit button. Now online form for change or correction in PAN data will be opened.
7. Now select the data which you want to change. e.g. Name, address, contact number, Permanent address, date of birth etc.
8. Fill other required information.
9. Select the document attached for ID Proof, Address Proof and correction of data
10. Chose Payment Type i.e. Demand Draft, Credit Card or Net Banking
11. Hit on submit button
12. If you have filled all information correctly, a preview of the information filled by you will be displayed. If the information not filled correctly, the unfilled fields will be displayed in red. In that case make necessary modification.
13. If the information is ok please strike on submit button.
14. Please make payment online if chosen so
15. Now the online application for change or correction of PAN data is generated.
16. Please wait to get generated the Acknowledgement
17. Take the Printout of acknowledgement.
18. Attach Photograph
19. Attach ID Proof, Address Proof and proof for correction of data
20. Sign on the space provided for signature
21. Send the document through courier to the address mentioned on the acknowledgement or send it to the collection center. The envelope should contain the word Application for Changes or Correction in PAN Data Acknowledgement No. _____.
When NSDL office receive the PAN Application, you will get information through e-mail / mobile acknowledging the receipt of application form.
You can check status of your application online through NSDL PAN Card Status online.
Within few days the Original PAN card will be delivered at your address.
Disclaimer: We do not collect any information about or from the visitors of this website. Articles published here are only for information and guidance and not for any commercial purpose. We have tried our level best to keep maximum accuracy, however please confirm from relevant sources for maximum accuracy.