If you want to apply of Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN), you can do it through the website of NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited).
To apply for a New PAN Card online, you have to keep the supporting documents handy. The information filled in the PAN application should be accurate and comparable with supporting documents. When you open the website of NSDL to track PAN Card status six options will appear under the heading Application for PAN through online services. They are 1. New PAN for Indian Citizens (Form 49A), 2. New PAN for Foreign Citizens (Form 49AA), 3. Changes or correction in PAN details, 4. Reprint of PAN Card, 5. Transaction Status Enquiry and 6. Status Track for PAN Application.
To Apply for new PAN Card through NSDL website, Please chose the 1st Option if your are Indian Citizen or Chose 2nd option if your are a Foreign Citizen.
1. Open NSDL website to To Apply for new PAN Card through NSDL website
2. If you are an Indian Citizen, Hit on New PAN for Indian Citizen (Form 49A). If you a Foreign Citizen, Hit on New PAN for Foreign Citizens Citizen (Form 49AA)
When you Hit on New PAN for Foreign Citizens Citizen (Form 49AA another web page will open like shown below:
When you Hit on New PAN for Indian Citizen (Form 49A) another web page will open like shown below:
3. Now chose Online Application for New PAN (Form 49A) for Indian Citizens or Online Application for New PAN (Form 49AA) for Foreign Citizen.
4. Select Status of Applicant i.e. Individual, Partnership Firm, Body of Individuals, Hindu Undivided Family, Association of Persons, Body of Individuals, Local Authority, Company, Trust, Artificial Judicial Person, Government Authority or Limited Liability Partnership.
5. Now form No. 49A will open. Please fill all the information. Area Code, AO Type, Range Code, and AO Number can be taken from the AO details option.
6. Select the type of Identity proof and address proof to be attached with the PAN Card Application form.
7. Please chose Payment method. Payment can be made through Demand Draft, Credit Card or through net banking.
8. Strike on Submit button
9. If you have filled all information correctly, a preview of the information filled by you will be displayed. If the information not filled correctly, the unfilled fields will be displayed in red. In that case make necessary modification.
10. If the information is ok please strike on submit button.
11. Please make payment online or chose for demand draft.
12. Now the online PAN application is generated.
13. Please wait to get generated the Acknowledgement
14. Take the Printout of acknowledgement.
15. Attach Photograph
16. Attach ID Proof and Address Proof
17. Sign on the space provided for signature
18. Send the document through courier to the address mentioned on the acknowledgement or send it to the collection center. The envelope should contain the word Application for Allotment of PAN Acknowledgement No. _____.
When NSDL office receive the PAN Application, you will get information through e-mail / mobile acknowledging the receipt of application form.
You can check status of your application online through NSDL PAN Card Status online.
Within few days the Original PAN card will be delivered at your address.