FIR Online, download legal format. IPC, CPC, CrPC, IP, NI, CP Act

Filing ITR Rectification Request online under Section 154 to rectify mistake in the ITR. How to file Rectification request against income tax return?

You can file rectification request to correct any mistake / mismatch of tax credit / omission of tax credit etc by the assessing officer by following these simple steps.



Step 1. Visit the Income Tax Department online Portal

Income Tax PAN online registration

Step 2. Logon to e-filing application.

Income Tax Login Menu


Step 3. Goto My Account > Rectification Request

Step 4. Select Return to be rectified "Income Tax Return" from the drop down menu

Step 5. Select Assessment Year for which rectification request is to be filed.

Step 6. Enter Latest Communication Reference Number taken from the CPC Order

Step 7. Select Rectification Request Type

- Tax Payers correcting tax credit mismatch only -Select this option when data needs to be corrected

- Tax Payer is correcting data in rectification -Select the reason for seeking rectification, schedule changed, donation, capital gain etc.

- No Further rectification required. Process the case - If you select this option three check boxes will open. Tax Credit Mismatch, Gender Mismatch and Tax / Interest Mismatch.

Step 8. Hit on Submit Button


In the next menu you can chose the following:

- TDS on other than salary details

- TCS Details

- IT Details

Remember : If there is mismatch in tax credit please fill the complete TDS details and tax paid details to get proper credit.

Step 9. Hit on Submit Button. Now your rectification request is filed. You will be intimated through e-mail also.


Step 10. On selecting Tax payer is correcting data in rectification, the reason for rectification is also to be selected from the given list.

Step 11. On Selecting No further Data Correction required. Reprocess the case user can select the check box for which reprocessing is required.

Step 12. Hit on Submit Button. A popup to confirm submission will appear.

Step 13. Hit on OK button

Step 14. On successful submission of rectification request you will receive a message on screen as well as on your e-mail.


Disclaimer: We do not collect any information about or from the visitors of this website. Articles published here are only for information and guidance and not for any commercial purpose. We have tried our level best to keep maximum accuracy, however please confirm from relevant sources for maximum accuracy.

Home    About Us     Privacy Policy     Disclaimer      Sitemap