Application for issue of Duplicate Driving License should be supported with affidavit. Application can be filed online or off line. Form to apply for Duplicate Driving License is LLD Form or Form for "Loss or Destruction of License". If the original License is lost it should be reported to the nearest Police Station and lodge an FIR- First Information Report.
Sample Format of Affidavit to be attached with application for Duplicate Driving License is given below:
BEFORE THE REGIONAL TRANSPORT OFFICER_________________
CASE NO ___ OF _____
Affidavit of Mr _____________________, aged about ___________ years, son of Shri
_________________ resident of _______________
I. _______________, aged about ______ years, son of Shri _____________ resident of ____________ do solemnly affirm and state as under:
1. That I am the applicant in application for the issue of duplicate driving licence and as such fully conversant with the facts deposed to below.
2. That I was issued driving licence No ________ on _________ by this authority, to drive Heavy Vehicle.
3. That my driving licence No ____________ has been lost on __________ for which I have lodged FIR with Police Station _______ vide F I R No _________ dated ________
4. That I have not submitted the said licence with any court or anywhere or my licence has not been cancelled.
5. That my driving licence has not been seized by the police, regional transport authority or any other authority.
6. That I have not been convicted for any offence by any court.
7. That no charge-sheet has been filed against me for any offence under the Motor Vehicles Act or Rules made there under or any other law in force.
8. That I am not addicted to wine and I do not suffer from any of the diseases disqualifying me to hold the driving licence.
9. That if the original licence will be found, I shall deposit the same with the Office of Regional Transport Officer.
10. That in view of the above, it is necessary that a duplicate driving licence may be issued to me.
I, _________________, the above named, do hereby verify that the contents of
paragraph No. 1 to 9 are true to my knowledge, and the contents of paragraph No.
10 is based upon legal advice which I believe to be true; nothing has been
concealed and no part of it is false.
Verified at _____________ on this _________ day of ________20 ______
1. Lodge Complaint with Police Station area in which the Driving License lost and get copy of First Information Report (FIR).
2. Prepare Affidavit on stamp paper and get it notarized. The affidavit will act as a proof that you took an oath before the concerned officer (executive magistrate/notary public/first class judicial magistrate) that your license is lost.
Applying for Duplicate Driving License
Keep the following Documents with you:
1. 3 passport-sized photos
2. Copy of the F.I.R
4. If you have a photo copy of your license, it will be easy for the RTO to track your details using your DL number
You can use the below link to know how to apply for duplicate driving license online
Applying through RTO Counter
1. Collect Application form LLD Form or Form for "Loss or Destruction of License" for Duplicate License from RTO.
2. Complete the application form and submit it at the Driving License Branch along with the other documents.
3. After submission of form, you will have to go through the Biometrics section to click your photo and take thumbprint.
After Completing this process your duplicate driving licence will be
delivered to your address within the time period stated by the RTO officer.