Writ of Mandamus under Article 226 is issued as a command to an inferior court or ordering a person to perform a public or statutory duty.
Sample Format of Affidavit for Writ of Mandamus in High Court under Article 226 of Constitution is as under.
IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
EXTRA ORDINARY CIVIL JURISDICTION
WRIT PETITION (CIVIL) NO. OF 20__
IN THE MATTER OF:
UNIVERSITY OF _____ & ORS RESPONDENTS
I, __________________ , S/o Shri _______________, Aged about ___ years, R/o ___ ________________ _______________ the Petitioner do hereby solemnly state and affirm as under:
1. That I am one of the Petitioner of the instant Writ Petition and being conversant with the facts and circumstances of the case, am competent to swear this Affidavit.
2. That the other Petitioners have authorized me to sign and file the present Writ Petition.
3. That I have read and understood the contents of the abovementioned writ petition and I state that the same are true and correct to my knowledge.
4. That all the Annexures annexed to the writ petition are true copies of their respective originals.
5. I have done whatsoever inquiry/investigation which was in my power to do, to collect all data/material which was available and which was relevant for this court to entertain the present petition.
6. I further confirm that I have not concealed in the present petition any data/material /information which may have enabled this court to form an opinion whether to entertain this application or not and/or whether to grant any relief or not.
7. That I have read and understood the content of Writ Petition. I have read and understood the contents of the accompanying synopsis & List of Dates at Pages ____ to ______, Writ Petition at Pages ___ to ____, Para ____ to ____, Grounds ____ to ____ and all accompanying Applications. I state that the facts therein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I further state that the Annexures annexed to the Writ Petition are true copies of their respective originals.
Verified at New Delhi on this ___ day of _______ 20__ that the contents of my aforesaid affidavit are true and correct to my knowledge and belief. No part of it is false nor anything material has been concealed therefrom.
226. Power of High Courts to issue certain writs
(1) Notwithstanding anything in Article 32 every High Court shall have powers, throughout the territories in relation to which it exercise jurisdiction, to issue to any person or authority, including in appropriate cases, any Government, within those territories directions, orders or writs, including writs in the nature of habeas corpus, mandamus, prohibitions, quo warranto and certiorari, or any of them, for the enforcement of any of the rights conferred by Part III and for any other purpose.
(2) The power conferred by clause ( 1 ) to issue directions, orders or writs to any Government, authority or person may also be exercised by any High Court exercising jurisdiction in relation to the territories within which the cause of action, wholly or in part, arises for the exercise of such power, notwithstanding that the seat of such Government or authority or the residence of such person is not within those territories.
(3) Where any party against whom an interim order, whether by way of injunction or stay or in any other manner, is made on, or in any proceedings relating to, a petition under clause ( 1 ), without
(a) furnishing to such party copies of such petition and all documents in support of the plea for such interim order; and
(b) giving such party an opportunity of being heard, makes an application to the High Court for the vacation of such order and furnishes a copy of such application to the party in whose favour such order has been made or the counsel of such party, the High Court shall dispose of the application within a period of two weeks from the date on which it is received or from the date on which the copy of such application is so furnished, whichever is later, or where the High Court is closed on the last day of that period, before the expiry of the next day afterwards on which the High Court is open; and if the application is not so disposed of, the interim order shall, on the expiry of that period, or, as the case may be, the expiry of the aid next day, stand vacated.
(4) The power conferred on a High Court by this article shall not be in
derogation of the power conferred on the Supreme court by clause ( 2 ) of
Affidavit, Maintenance & Divorce, Delhi High Kusum Sharma v. Mahinder Kumar Sharma
Affidavit, Petition for Judicial Separation under Section 10 of Hindu Marriage, Act
Affidavit to be filed with Divorce petition under Section 13(1) of Hindu Marriage Act
Affidavit, Section 23(2) of The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005
Affidavit, Evidence by way of Affidavit, Complaint u/s 138, Negotiable Instruments Act
Affidavit under Motor Vehicles Act in a Motor Accident Petition Appeal
Affidavit to Register Marriage under Hindu Marriage Act
Affidavit under Section 2 of Dissolution of Muslim marriage Act
Affidavit in a Civil Revision Petition under section 115 of CPC and for stay against order
Evidence by way of Affidavit during Trial under Section 17 of Consumer Protection Act
Affidavit for Restoration Petition u/s 151 of CPC for to restore Dismissed Application
Affidavit, Application to delete name of Party from Petition order 1 Rule 10(2) of CPC
Affidavit for Petition for maintenance under section 125 CrPC
Affidavit for production of documents in court which not produced earlier
Affidavit to declare legal heirs of deceased employee to claim PF and Super Annuation
Affidavit for Application to arrest Defendant before Judgment
Affidavit for Application to change name in the Education Certificate
Affidavit with Application for substituted service of summon order V Rule 20 CPC
Affidavit with Application for Registration of Will after death of Testator
Affidavit to Application objecting notice to vacate premises occupied the by the landlord
Affidavit for Application to issue Duplicate Driving License from Transport Authority
Affidavit u/s 13(1)(i)(ib) of Hindu Marriage Act for Divorce Petition, Desertion 2+ years
Affidavit for Divorce Petition Section 13(1)(i) of Hindu Marriage Act, Ground of Adultery
Affidavit, Mutual Divorce Petition u/s 13B of HMA, Dissolution of Marriage, First Motion
Affidavit for Second Motion of Mutual Consent Divorce Petition u/s 13B(1) of HMA
Affidavit for Petition u/s 11 of Hindu Marriage Act for Decree of Nullity of Marriage
Affidavit for Petition for Maintenance under Section 24 of Hindu Marriage Act
Affidavit to Petition for Judicial Separation under Section 10 of Hindu Marriage Act
Affidavit to Petition Probate under Section 276 of Indian Succession Act
Affidavit to Recall ex- parte order and set aside it passed in the absence of Defendant
Evidence by way of Affidavit in a Suit for Dissolution of Partnership Firm
Affidavit for IA seeking Security from Defendant in a Recovery Suit under order XXXVII
Affidavit for Consumer Complaint u/s 12 of Consumer Protection Act to District Forum
Affidavit for Execution Petition U/s 25 and 27 of Consumer Protection Act for Execution of order and impose Penalty
Affidavit for Declaration of loss of Negotiable Instrument by Banker under Order VII Rule 16 of Code of Civil Procedure
Affidavit for Application seeking stay of Execution of Judgment under Order XLI Rule 5 of Code of Civil Procedure
Affidavit for Substitution Application, death of a Party in a Suit, order XXII Rule 3 CPC
Affidavit for Application to arrest, detain in Prison Judgment Debtor as per order XXI Rule 37 CPC
Affidavit to produce additional evidence in an appeal, Order XLI Rule 27 of Code of Civil Procedure
Affidavit to application for restoration of suit under Order IX Rule 9 of Code of Civil Procedure in case of dismissed suit
Affidavit to Anticipatory bail application under section 438 of Code of Criminal Procedure
Affidavit for Bail Application under section 437 of Code of Criminal Procedure
Affidavit for issue of Death Certificate after registration of death
Affidavit for Writ of Certiorari Writ Petition under Article 226 and 227 in High Court
Affidavit for Writ of Mandamus under Article 226 of the Constitution to be filed in High Court
Affidavit for Writ of Quo Warranto under Article 226 of the Constitution to be filed in High Court
Affidavit for Writ of Prohibition under Article 226 of the Constitution to be filed in High Court as Public Interest Litigation
Affidavit for Writ of Habeas Corpus under Article 226 of the Constitution to be filed in High Court