Application for registration of Marriage under Hindu Marriage Act should to be supported with affidavit from bride and bridegroom. The following declarations needs to be given in the affidavit. They are:
(1) Neither of the applicant had a spouse living at the time of Marriage.
(2) Neither of the applicant is an idiot or a lunatic at the time of Marriage.
(3) The husband had completed age of twenty one years and Wife had completed the Eighteen Years
(4) Relationship with husband and wife are not prohibited.
(5) Both are mentally fit.
Sample Format of Affidavit for Registration of Marriage under Hindu Marriage Act is Given Below:
We (1) Mr. _______________ S/o ______________of _____________, Police
Station __________________ District ____________ Aged about_____ Years, by
Religion _________, by Profession__________ , a citizen of India,
(2) Mrs. _________________, D/o _________________ of _________________, Police Station _________________ District _________________ Aged about ___Years, by Religion _________________, by Profession_________________, a citizen of India, do hereby solemnly affirm on Oath and jointly declare as under :-
(1) Neither of us had a spouse living at the time of Marriage.
(2) Neither of us is an idiot or a lunatic at the time of Marriage.
(3) The husband had completed age of twenty one years and Wife had completed the Eighteen Years:-
_________________ ,the husband had completed the aged of Twentyone _________
, the wife had completed the age of Eighteen years at the time of marriage
and the consent of the guardians of the wife, viz_________ ________________
_______ hereunder the name and parentage and relationship of the guardians
had been obtained for the marriage.
(4) We are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship according to the custom of usage having the force of law governing each of us/Marriage between us is permitted though we are within the degrees of prohibited relationship.
(5) We are not sapindas of each other.
(6) Marital status at the time of marriage of the parties:-
We also declare that the above particulars are true to the best of our knowledge and belief.