19. For section 44 of the principal Act, the following section shall be substituted, namely:- "44. (1) Subject to such terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the Central Government in this behalf, a motor vehicle sold by an authorised dealer shall not require production before a registering authority for the purposes of registration for the first time. (2) Subject to such terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the State Government, a person in whose name a certificate of registration has been issued shall not be required to produce the vehicle registered or transferred before a registering authority.".
20. In section 49 of the principal Act,- (i) in sub-section (1), for the words "registering authority, to that other registering authority", the words "State, to any registering authority in that State" shall be substituted; (ii) after sub-section (1), the following sub-section shall be inserted, namely:- "(1A) The intimation under sub-section (1) may be sent to the appropriate registering authority in electronic form along with the electronic form of such documents, including proof of authentication in such manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government."; (iii) in sub-section (2), for the words "one hundred rupees", the words "five hundred rupees" shall be substituted.
21. In section 52 of the principal Act,- (i) in sub-section (1), for the second proviso, the following proviso shall be substituted, namely:- "Provided further that the Central Government may prescribe specifications, conditions for approval, retrofitment and other related matters for the alteration of motor vehicles and in such cases, the warranty granted by the manufacturer shall not be considered as void for the purposes of such alteration or retrofitment."; (ii) after sub-section (1), the following sub-section shall be inserted, namely:- "(1A) A manufacturer of a motor vehicle shall on the direction issued by the Central Government, alter or retrofit safety equipment, or any other equipment in accordance with such standards and specifications as may be specified by the Central Government."; (iii) for sub-section (2), the following sub-section shall be substituted, namely:- "(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), any person may, with the subsequent approval of the registering authority, alter or cause to be altered any vehicle owned by him to be converted into an adapted vehicle: Provided that such alteration complies with such conditions as may be prescribed by the Central Government."; (iv) in sub-section (3), the words, brackets and figure "or by reason of replacement of its engine without such approval under sub-section (2)" shall be omitted.
22. In section 55 of the principal Act, after sub-section (5), the following sub-section shall be inserted, namely:- "(5A) If any registering authority or other prescribed authority has reason to believe that any motor vehicle within its jurisdiction has been used in the commission of an offence punishable under section 199A, the authority may, after giving the owner an opportunity of making a representation in writing, cancel the certificate of registration of the vehicle for a period of one year: Provided that the owner of the motor vehicle may apply for fresh registration in accordance with the provisions of section 40 and section 41.".
23. In section 56 of the principal Act,-
(i) in sub-section (1), after the proviso, the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:-
"Provided further that no certificate of fitness shall be granted to a vehicle, after such date as may be notified by the Central Government, unless such vehicle has been tested at an automated testing station.";
(ii) for sub-section (2), the following sub-section shall be substituted,
"(2) The "authorised testing station" referred to in sub-section (1) means any facility, including automated testing facilities, authorised by the State Government, where fitness testing may be conducted in accordance with the rules made by the Central Government for recognition, regulation and control of such stations.";
(iii) in sub-section (4), for the proviso, the following provisos shall be substituted, namely:-
"Provided that no such cancellation shall be made by the prescribed authority unless,-
(a) such prescribed authority holds such technical qualification as may be prescribed by the Central Government and where the prescribed authority does not hold the technical qualification, such cancellation is made on the basis of the report of an officer having such qualification; and
(b) the reasons recorded in writing cancelling a certificate of fitness are confirmed by an authorised testing station chosen by the owner of the vehicle whose certificate of fitness is sought to be cancelled:
Provided further that if the cancellation is confirmed by the authorised testing station, the cost of undertaking the test shall be borne by the owner of the vehicle being tested and in the alternative by the prescribed authority.";
(iv) after sub-section (5), the following sub-sections shall be inserted, namely:-
"(6) All transport vehicles with a valid certificate of fitness issued under this section shall carry, on their bodies, in a clear and visible manner such distinguishing mark as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(7) Subject to such conditions as the Central Government may prescribe, the provisions of this section may be extended to non-transport vehicles.".
be inserted, namely:- "(4) The Central Government may, having regard to the public safety, convenience, protection of the environment and the objects of this Act, make rules prescribing the manner of recycling of motor vehicles and parts thereof which have exceeded their life."
Section 1, 2, 2b, 8, 9, 10 of MV Act
Section 11, 12, 14, 15, 19, 25A of MV Act
Section 26, 27, 28, 40, 41, 43 of MV Act
Section 44, 49, 52, 55, 56, 59 of MV Act
Section 62a, 62b, 63, 64, 65, 66 MV Act
Section 66A, 66B, 67, 72, 74, 88a of MV Act
Section 92, 93, 94, 96, 110, 110A, 110B
Section 92, 93, 94, 96, 110, 110A, 110B
Section 114, 116, 117, 129, 134a, 135
Section 136A, 137, 138, 145, 146 of MV Act
Section 147, 148, 149, 150 of MV Act
Section 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156
Section 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162
Section 163, 164, 164A, 164B, 164C
Section 165, 166, 168, 169, 170, 173
Section 177A,178,179, 180, 181, 182ABC
Section 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 189
Section 190, 192, 192A, 192B, 193
194, 194A, 194B, 194C, 194D, 194E, 194F
Section 196, 197, 198, 199A, 199B MV Act
Section 200, 201, 206 of Motor Vehicles Act
Section 210A, 210B, 210C, 210D, 211A