The National Authority shall recommend guidelines for the minimum standards of relief to be provided to persons affected by disaster, which shall include,-
(i) the minimum requirements to be provided in the relief camps in relation to shelter, food, drinking water, medical cover and sanitation;
(ii) the special provisions to be made for widows and orphans;
(iii) ex gratia assistance on account of loss of life as also assistance on account of damage to houses and for restoration of means of livelihood;
(iv) such other relief as may be necessary.
The National Authority may, in cases of disasters of severe magnitude, recommend relief in repayment of loans or for grant of fresh loans to the persons affected by disaster on such concessional terms as may be appropriate.
CHAPTER III STATE DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITIES
(1) Every State Government shall, as soon as may be after the issue of the notification under sub-section (1) of section 3, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish a State Disaster Management Authority for the State with such name as may be specified in the notification of the State Government.
(2) A State Authority shall consist of the Chairperson and such number of other members, not exceeding nine, as may be prescribed by the State Government and, unless the rules otherwise provide, the State Authority shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) the Chief Minister of the State, who shall be Chairperson, ex officio;
(b) other members, not exceeding eight, to be nominated by the Chairperson of the State Authority;
(c) the Chairperson of the State Executive Committee, ex officio.
(3) The Chairperson of the State Authority may designate one of the members nominated under clause (b) of sub-section (2) to be the Vice-Chairperson of the State Authority.
(4) The Chairperson of the State Executive Committee shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the State Authority, ex officio:
Provided that in the case of a Union territory having Legislative Assembly, except the Union territory of Delhi, the Chief Minister shall be the Chairperson of the Authority established under this section and in case of other Union territories, the Lieutenant Governor or the Administrator shall be the Chairperson of that Authority:
Provided further that the Lieutenant Governor of the Union territory of Delhi shall be the Chairperson and the Chief Minister thereof shall be the Vice-Chairperson of the State Authority.
(5) The term of office and conditions of service of members of the State Authority shall be such as may be prescribed.