You can withdraw a Petition filed in Supreme Court by filing withdrawal application with sufficient reason.
Sample format of Withdrawal Application to withdraw case in Supreme Court is given below:
IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
CRIMINAL APPELLATE JURISDICTION
I.A. No. _____ of 20__
SPECIAL LEAVE PETITION (CRIMINAL) NO._____ OF 20__
IN THE MATTER OF:
APPLICATION FOR WITHDRAWAL OF SLP (Crl.) No. ____ of 20__
THE HON'BLE CHIEF JUSTICE OF INDIA AND HIS COMPANION JUDGES OF THE HON'BLE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
The Humble Application of the
MOST RESPECTFULLY SHOWETH:
1. The petitioner had filed the present Special Leave Petition challenging the impugned judgment/order dated ______ in Criminal Revision No. ____of 20__passed by the High Court of ___________________, whereby the Hon'ble High Court upheld the decision of the order dated _______ of Ld. Sessions Court, _______ in Criminal Revision No. __ of 20__.
2. That during the pendency of the instant petition, on ______ the respondent visited the house of the petitioner where a gathering of prominent members of the society had also been called. At the said gathering, the respondent publicly furnished an unconditional apology to the petitioner for the simple hurt caused to the petitioner on the date of the incident.
3. Since the respondent is an old and religious man of stature in the community to which the petitioner belongs and owing to the publicly rendered apology by the respondent, the petitioner and his family have decided to accept the apology. The respondent has assured the petitioner that he will not cause any trouble or harm to the petitioner in future. The petitioner also assured the respondent that the instant SLP shall be withdrawn so that both the parties can live peacefully and in harmony within their community without adding to the litigation expenses of either side. Thus, the petitioner and the respondent have reached an understanding whereby both the parties have decided to live with harmony.
4. In light of the said understanding between both the parties, the petitioner no more wishes to pursue the instant SLP and seeks permission from this Hon'ble Court to withdraw the same.
In these facts & circumstances, the Applicant prays that the Hon'ble Court, may be pleased to:
(i) Allow the petitioner herein to Withdraw the instant SLP(Crl.) No. ____ of 20__
(ii) Pass other or further orders as may be deemed fit and proper.
AND FOR THIS ACT OF KINDNESS THE APPLICANT AS IN DUTY BOUND SHALL EVER PRAY
COUNSEL FOR THE PETITIONER
DRAWN & FILED ON:
3. Writ Petitions
4. Review Petitions
7. Applications to Supreme Court