License agreement format for commercial property. License agreement
format for office space.
Format of Licence Agreement for office space is
given below. If the License agreement is for less than 11 months it
need not be registered. If the License agreement is for more than 11
months it is to be registered with the Sub-Registrar in the
particular area. License Agreement for 11 months can be prepared on Rs.
100/- stamp paper.
THIS AGREEMENT IS MADE this ____ _____ BETWEEN
_____________________ Son / Daughter of Shri ______ Resident
(hereinafter referred as the LICENSOR) of the one part
____________________Pvt. Ltd. through its Director Sh./Smt.
______________________ Son / Daughter of Shri
___________________ Resident of __________________________
(hereinafter referred to as the LICENSEE) of the other part.
AND WHEREAS the LICENSOR is the owner of Flat No.
AND WHEREAS the LICENSEE, the said
_________________________, through its Director Sh./ Smt.
______________________, has approached the LICENSOR to grant
the company permission to use the said Flat No.
______________________________ purely on the license basis
(here-in-after referred as demised premises).
WHEREAS the Licensor has agreed to grant the license to use
the demised premises on the following terms and conditions
for a period of 11 (Eleven) Months only. After 11 months,
the Licence will be extended with the mutual consent of
both the parties for a further period of 11 months only.
NOW THIS LICENCE AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS AS UNDER:-
1. The Licence Agreement comes into effect from --/--/----
and ends on --/--/----.
2. That the Licensee shall pay to the Licensor a sum of Rs.
_______/- (Rupees ___________ only) per month as licence
fee, payable in advance by crossed cheque, subject to
realization/pay order/cash favouring Sh./ Smt.
3. That the electricity charges, maintenance charges and
other extra charges shall be paid by the Licencee at the
said demised premises/space.
4. That the Licence fee and other charges are to be paid by
7th of each English Calendar month in advance by the
Licensee to the Licensor.
5. That the Licensee shall use the space in the flat orderly
manner for only legal and legitimate uses.
6. That the use of the space is available for use between 10
a.m. to 7 p.m. on working days excluding holidays observed
by the Licensors/Builder.
7. That any illegal acts done by the Licencee shall be at
the consequences of the Licencee and the Licensor shall be
at liberty to treat the licence as terminated forth with.
8. That the Licensor shall not be responsible for any profit
or loss incurred by the Licencee or by use of business
centre in the space or otherwise through theft, pilferage,
9. That the Licensee or the Licensor can terminate the
License Agreement before --/--/---- by giving 30 days notice
in advance in writing by hand either side.
10. That the Licencee shall not store inflammable, hazardous
and/or any offensive, illegal or contraband goods in the
said licensed flat during the licence period or till the
enjoyment of the licence and he will not conduct himself or
through his servant/attorneys in any manner, which may cause
nuisance to any other.
11. That the Licence is not transferable nor can it be
sub/licensed by the Licensee. She shall not allow any other
person for the use of the said flat.
12. That any change in the constitution of Licensee would be
deemed to be termination of the License Agreement and
Licensor shall be at liberty to stop ingress to the
13. That once the License is terminated by notice or
otherwise, the Licensor have complete right to take physical
possession of the flat and remove any material lying therein
without any legal/penal consequences to the Licensor or any
claim by the Licensee on the Licensor.
14. That the Licensee would be liable to pay all the damages
or loss to the Licensor in case of negligence or deliberate
act or part of the Licensee during the License period for
any damage to the property or the space etc.
15. That the Licencee shall observe and perform all the
terms and conditions of the Licence Agreement and will also
observe and perform in accordance with the rules and
regulations of Delhi Municipal Corporation Delhi Development
Authority, Municipal Corporation of Delhi and other
Government Authorities and the Maintenance Society of the
Building, and Nehru Place Association etc.
16. That the Licensee hereby undertakes to remove his
goods/effects from the demised premises/space after clearing
all his dues of licence fee and other incidental charges on
the termination of the License Agreement.
17. That in case the Licence fee is in arrears even for a
month, the Licence Agreement will be deemed to have
automatically terminated and the Licencee shall not have any
right to use the space after receipt of Regd. A.D. Notice
from the Licensor to such effect and he shall be entitled to
prevent the Licensee from entering upon the said space.
18. That in case Licencee is found guilty of breach of any
of the terms and conditions in this Licence Agreement then
the License Agreement shall stand terminated with legal
19. That it is expressly agreed and declared between both
the parties that Licence agreement does not confer any
tenancy or sub-tenancy right in favour of the Licencee and
the permission to use in demised premises is by way of
licence only. The legal and actual physical possession of
the said premises remains the Licensor as there is only one
passage for entrance of the premises.
20. That the Licensee will be solely responsible for Income
Tax, Sales Tax, Excise, Custom Maintenance or any other
statutory body or other liability on his business carried
out from the demised premises/space and the Licensor would
not be responsible.
21. That the lock and key of the main shutter would always
remain in the possession of the Licensor only.
22. That the Licensee would make all payment regarding fee
or any other services only to the Licensor and any employee
of the Licensor.
23. That the Licensee shall pay Rs. _______/- (Rupees
__________ only) as interest free security to the licensor
against a proper receipt refundable at the time of handover
peaceful vacant possession of demised premises/space when
the Licence Agreement comes to an end and the Licensee has
removed all his goods and effects and on clearance of all
dues. However if the Licencee vacates the premises before &
months as amount equivalent to 15 days license fee shall be
deducted from the security.
24. That for the purpose of giving any notice or tendering
any communication of one party to the other party, the
address of each party as mentioned above or such other
address as may be later communicated in writing by the
concerned party shall be deemed to be the proper address at
which such notice or communication is made.
25. The space in the flat is made available with exclusive
sufficient light and other gadgets with separate sub-meter.
The Licensee shall not install electricity / water in his
own name in business centre.
26. Delhi Courts will be the competent Court of jurisdiction
in case of any dispute that may arise in respect of the
IN WITNESS WHEREOF THE PARTIES HERETO HAVE PRESENTS ON THE
DAY, MONTH AND YEAR WRITTEN