FSSAI License is Compulsory for Food Business Operators. The license needs to be obtained by manufacturers, distributors, transporters, retailers, petty hawkers, etc. involved in the food business. Food Business Operators have to file Application for renewal of the license 30 days before the expiry of the prevailing food license. The FBOs who fall under the category and fulfill the requirement of the FSSAI Act, 2006 are expected to get the Food license from the authority. It is necessary that the FSSAI license is renewed in time to continue running food business legally and comply with the FSSAI rules and regulations. It is mandatory to fulfill legal formalities and comply with the requirement to have food license renewal. Every FBO is required to hold an authorized food license so as to assure its consumers that the products are good for consumption and that they have complied with all the mandatory standards set down by the Act and Authority. According to FSSAI guidelines, all FBOs.
Step 1. Visit the website of FSSAI, register and Create user ID and Password
Step 2. Logon to the Website
Step 3. Upload all the required documents
Step 4. After submitting application form, a Reference number is allotted
Step 5. User ID will remain active for 30 days to complete all formalities
Step 6. After completion of formalities, renewal will be done within 30-60 days
Step 1. File Form A for Basic FSSAI Registration and form B for State, Central FSSAI
Step 2. Attach self attested declaration and copy of documents
Step 3. FSSAI authority after receipt of application send FSSAI officer for Inspection
Step 4. FSSAI officer will prepare a report, if satisfied, and send to higher authority
Step 5. Authority will issue FSSAI renewal license within 60 days of receiving report.
- Renewal of License assists the FBO to reach the benchmark of international standards
- FSSAI license authority regulate and controls violation of law at a single access point.
- FSSAI License boosts customers' confidence and develops trust among them.
- License helps to increase the goodwill of the business.
- Consumers give priority to safe and quality food approved by FSSAI's food license
- After getting license, the business can be expand in the international market as well.
|Registration Type||Business Type||Turnover per year|
|Basic Registration||Petty Food Business||Upto Rs. 12 Lakh|
|State License||Medium Food Business||Rs. 12 Lakh to Rs. 20 Crore|
|Central LIcense||Large Food Busienss||More than Rs. 20 Crore|
- Address proof of place of business
- ID proof (Pan card and Aadhaar card or Driving license, Passport, Voter ID card
- Passport size photographs
- Cancelled cheque and Bank account details
- Papers of property or rent agreement
- NOC's by Municipality/ Panchayat, if any
- List of Directors, Partners or Proprietors as the business may be
- ID proof and Address proof of all the Directors and the Partners
- Copy of Partnership deed/AOA/MOA
- Form IX For nomination of persons by the company
- Board resolutions in favour of authorized signatory and for renewal
- Layout plan of the food processing unit
- For Manufacturer - List of Food Category
- Authority letter drafted by manufacturer
- Name and quantity of equipments installed in manufacturing and processing unit
Additional Documents for central License Renewal
- Possession proof - Electricity bill, sale deed etc
- Ministry of commerce certificate
- IEC documents issued by Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT)
- Supporting documentary for proof of turnover
- Analysis report of water consumed for the food
- An FSSAI registration validity period is of 1 year to 5 years
- The application for renewal must be filed within 30 days before the expiry of license
- Source of Raw Material is considered for Food industry in business of meat and milk
- Hotels running restaurants, individual restaurants, etc. must get the FSSAI License.
- The non-renewal for FSSAI license and ignoring the same would lead to a penalty.
- Non renewal of FSSAI license within 30 days will attract Rs. 100 day of delay as fine
- If not applied for renewal of license in specific time it will be considered as expired
- To Continue business operations a new license needs to be obtained
- The registration of License will remain valid during processing of renewal application.
- The expiry of license and non renewal will lead to seizure of the food business of FBO
- If application for FSSAI license is not made within 30 days, late fine is applicable
It is mandatory for Food Business Operators to follow the guidelines of FSSAI. Failure by FBO in complying the order will attract the following penalties.
|Substandard Food||Up to Rs. 5 Lakh|
|Misbranded Food||Up to Rs. 3 Lakhs|
|Misleading Advertisement||Rs. 10 Lakhs|
|Food containing Extraneous matter||Rs. 1 Lakh|
|Food Quality not in compliance with the Act||Rs. 2 Lakhs, Rs. 25000 for Petty Business|
|Failure to comply with directions of food safety officer||Rs. 2 Lakh|
|Un hygienic or unsanitary processing or manufacturing of food||Rs. 1 Lakh|