Employees Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme is defined under section 6C of Employees Provident Funds Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952. Provisions under Section 6C of EPF Act 1952 is :
Section 6C of Employees Provident Funds Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 "Employees Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme"
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, frame a scheme to be called the Employees" Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme for the purpose of providing life insurance benefits to the employees of any establishment or class of establishments to which this Act applies.
(2) There shall be established, as soon as may be after the framing of Insurance Scheme, a Deposit-linked Insurance Fund into which shall be paid by the employer from time to time in respect of every such employee in relation to whom he is the employer, such amount, not being more than one per cent of the aggregate of the basic wages, dearness allowance and retaining allowance if any for the time being payable in relation to such employee as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify.
Explanation. - For the purposes of this sub-section, the expressions "dearness allowance" and "retaining allowance" have the same meanings as in section 6.
(4) (a) The employer shall pay into the Insurance Fund such further sums of money, not exceeding one-fourth of the contribution which he is required to make under sub-section 2, as the Central Government may, from time to time, determine to meet all the expenses in connection with the administration of the Insurance Scheme other than the expenses towards the cost of any benefits provided by or under that Scheme.
(5) The Insurance Fund shall vest in the Central Board and be administered by it in such manner as may be specified in the Insurance Scheme.
(6) The insurance Scheme may provide for all or any of the matters specified in Schedule IV.
(7) The Insurance Scheme may provide that any of its provision shall take effect either prospectively or retrospectively on such date as may be specified in this behalf in that Scheme.
Section 2A Establishment to include all departments and branches
Section 3 Power to apply Act to an establishment which has a common provident fund with another establishment
Section 4 Power to add to Schedule I
Section 5 Employees' Provident Funds Scheme
Section 5AA Executive Committee
Section 5C Board of Trustees to be body corporate
Section 5D Appointment of officers
Section 5DD Acts and proceedings of the Central Board or its Executive Committee or the State Board not to be invalidated on certain grounds
Section 6A Employees Pension Scheme
Section 6C Employees Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme
Section 6D Laying of Schemes before Parliament
Section 7 Modification of Scheme
Section 7A Determination of moneys due from employers
Section 7B Review of orders passed under Section 7A
Section 7C Determination of escaped amount
Section 7D Employees' Provident Funds Appellate Tribunal
Section 7G Salary and allowances and other terms and conditions of service of Presiding Officer
Section 7H Staff of the Tribunal
Section 7I Appeals to the Tribunal
Section 7J Procedure of Tribunals
Section 7K Right of appellant to take assistance of legal practitioner and of Government, etc., to appoint presenting officers
Section 7N Finality of orders constituting a Tribunal
Section 7O Deposit of amount due, on filing appeal
Section 7P Transfer of certain applications to Tribunals