Employees Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme is defined under section 6C of Employees Provident Funds Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952. Provisions under Section 6C of EPF Act 1952 is :
Section 6C of Employees Provident Funds Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 "Employees Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme"
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, frame a scheme to be called the Employees" Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme for the purpose of providing life insurance benefits to the employees of any establishment or class of establishments to which this Act applies.
(2) There shall be established, as soon as may be after the framing of Insurance Scheme, a Deposit-linked Insurance Fund into which shall be paid by the employer from time to time in respect of every such employee in relation to whom he is the employer, such amount, not being more than one per cent of the aggregate of the basic wages, dearness allowance and retaining allowance if any for the time being payable in relation to such employee as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify.
Explanation. - For the purposes of this sub-section, the expressions "dearness allowance" and "retaining allowance" have the same meanings as in section 6.
(4) (a) The employer shall pay into the Insurance Fund such further sums of money, not exceeding one-fourth of the contribution which he is required to make under sub-section 2, as the Central Government may, from time to time, determine to meet all the expenses in connection with the administration of the Insurance Scheme other than the expenses towards the cost of any benefits provided by or under that Scheme.
(5) The Insurance Fund shall vest in the Central Board and be administered by it in such manner as may be specified in the Insurance Scheme.
(6) The insurance Scheme may provide for all or any of the matters specified in Schedule IV.
(7) The Insurance Scheme may provide that any of its provision shall take effect either prospectively or retrospectively on such date as may be specified in this behalf in that Scheme.