Employees Pension Scheme is defined under section 6A of Employees Provident Funds Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952. Provisions under Section 6A of EPF Act 1952 is :
Section 6A of Employees Provident Funds Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 "Employees Pension Scheme"
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, frame a scheme to be called the Employees" Pension Scheme for the purpose of providing for -
(a) superannuation pension, retiring pension or permanent total disablement pension to the employees of any establishment or class of establishments to which this Act applies; and
(b) Widow or widower"s pension, children pension or orphan pension payable to the beneficiaries of such employees.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 6, there shall be established , as soon as may be after framing of the Pension Scheme, a Pension Fund into which there shall be paid, from time to time, in respect of every employee who is a member of the Pension Scheme, -
(a) such sums from the employer"s contribution under section 6, not exceeding eight and one-third per cent of the basic wages, dearness allowance and retaining allowance, if any, of the concerned employees, as may be specified in the Pension Scheme;
(b) such sums as are payable by the employers of exempted establishments under sub-section (6) of section 17;
(c) the net assets of the Employees" Family Pension as on the date of establishment of the Pension Fund;
(d) such sums as the central Government may, after due appropriation by Parliament by law in this behalf, specify.
(3) On the establishment of the Pension Fund, the Family Pension Scheme hereinafter referred to as the ceased scheme shall cease to operate and all assets of the ceased scheme shall vest in and shall stand transferred to, and all liabilities under the ceased scheme shall be enforceable against, the Pension Fund and the beneficiaries under the ceased scheme shall be entitled to draw the benefits, not less than the benefits, they were entitled to under the ceased scheme, from the Pension fund.
(4) Pension Fund shall vest in and be administered by the Central Board in such manner as may be specified in the Pension Scheme.
(5) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Pension Scheme may provide for all or any of the matters specified in Schedule III.
(6) The Pension Scheme may provide that all or any of its provisions shall take effect either prospectively or retrospectively on such date as may be specified in that behalf in that scheme.
(7) A Pension Scheme, framed under sub-section 1 shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the scheme or both Houses agree that the scheme should not be made, the scheme shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under the scheme.
Section 2A Establishment to include all departments and branches
Section 3 Power to apply Act to an establishment which has a common provident fund with another establishment
Section 4 Power to add to Schedule I
Section 5 Employees' Provident Funds Scheme
Section 5AA Executive Committee
Section 5C Board of Trustees to be body corporate
Section 5D Appointment of officers
Section 5DD Acts and proceedings of the Central Board or its Executive Committee or the State Board not to be invalidated on certain grounds
Section 6A Employees Pension Scheme
Section 6C Employees Deposit-linked Insurance Scheme
Section 6D Laying of Schemes before Parliament
Section 7 Modification of Scheme
Section 7A Determination of moneys due from employers
Section 7B Review of orders passed under Section 7A
Section 7C Determination of escaped amount
Section 7D Employees' Provident Funds Appellate Tribunal
Section 7G Salary and allowances and other terms and conditions of service of Presiding Officer
Section 7H Staff of the Tribunal
Section 7I Appeals to the Tribunal
Section 7J Procedure of Tribunals
Section 7K Right of appellant to take assistance of legal practitioner and of Government, etc., to appoint presenting officers
Section 7N Finality of orders constituting a Tribunal
Section 7O Deposit of amount due, on filing appeal
Section 7P Transfer of certain applications to Tribunals