How to do Rectification of mistakes and Review Section 74B of DVAT Act 2004
Rules 36B, Form 38B, 38C
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained to the contrary in section 34, the Commissioner may, at any time within four years from the end of the year in which any order passed by him has been served, on his own motion, rectify any mistake apparent on record and shall within the said period or thereafter rectify any such mistake which has been brought to his notice within the said period, by any person affected by such order.
(2) The provisions of sub-section (1) shall apply to the rectification of a mistake by the appellate authority or an objection hearing authority as they apply to the rectification of mistake by the Commissioner:
PROVIDED that where any matter has been considered and
decided in any
proceedings by way of objection or appeal or review in relation to any order or part of an order, the authority passing the order on objection, appeal or review, may, notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, rectify the order or part of the order on any matter other than the matter which has been so considered and decided.
(3) Where any such rectification has the effect of reducing the amount of the tax or penalty or interest, the Commissioner shall refund any amount due to such person in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
(4) Where any such rectification has the effect of enhancing the amount of the tax or penalty or interest or reducing the amount of refund, the Commissioner shall recover the amount due from such person in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
(5) Save as provided in the foregoing sub-sections, and subject to such rules as may be prescribed, any assessment or re-assessment made or order passed under this Act or the rules made thereunder by any person appointed under section 66 may be reviewed by such person suo motu or upon an application made in that behalf.
DELHI VALUE ADDED TAX ACT 2004
Section 61 : Power to stop, search and detain goods vehicles
Section 62 : Custody and release of records
Section 63 : Custody, return and disposal of goods, goods vehicle and security
Section 64 : Detention of goods pending disclosure
Section 65 : Obligation to provide reasonable assistance
Section 66 : Value Added Tax Authorities
Section 67 : Powers and responsibilities of the Commissioner
Section 68 : Delegation of Commissioner's powers
Section 69 : Change of an incumbent of an office
Section 70 : Power of Commissioner to make notifications
Section 71 : Persons to be public servants
Section 72 : Immunity from civil suit
Section 73 : Appellate Tribunal
Section 74B : Rectification of mistakes and Review
Section 75 : Power of Commissioner and other authorities to take evidence on oath, etc
Section 76 : Appeals to Appellate Tribunal
Section 77 : Extension of period of limitation in certain cases
Section 79 : Bar on appeal or objection against certain orders
Section 80 : Assessment proceedings, etc. not to be invalid on certain grounds