16. The employer shall fix the wage period for employees either as daily or weekly or fortnightly or monthly subject to the condition that no wage period in respect of any employee shall be more than a month:
Provided that different wage periods may be fixed for different establishments.
17. (1) The employer shall pay or cause to be paid wages to the employees, engaged on-
(i) daily basis, at the end of the shift;
(ii) weekly basis, on the last working day of the week, that is to say, before the weekly holiday;
(iii) fortnightly basis, before the end of the second day after the end of the fortnight;
(iv) monthly basis, before the expiry of the seventh day of the succeeding month.
(2) Where an employee has been-
(i) removed or dismissed from service; or
(ii) retrenched or has resigned from service, or became unemployed due to
closure of the establishment, the wages payable to him shall be paid within two
working days of his removal, dismissal, retrenchment or, as the case may be, his
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), the appropriate Government may, provide any other time limit for payment of wages where it considers reasonable having regard to the circumstances under which the wages are to be paid.
(4) Nothing contained in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) shall affect any time limit for payment of wages provided in any other law for the time being in force.
Section 14 Wages for overtime work Section 15 Mode of payment of wages
Section 16 Fixation of Wage Period, Section 17 Time Limit for payment of wage
Section 18 Deductions which may be made from wages
Section 20 Deductions for absence from duty
Section 21 Deductions for damage or loss Section 22 Deduction for services rendered
Section 23 Deductions for recovery of advances, Section 24 Deduction for recovery of loans, 25 not applicable to government
Section 26 Eligibility for bonus, etc
Section 27 Proportionate reduction in bonus in certain cases Section 28 Computation of number of working days
Section 29 Disqualification for bonus Section 30 Establishments to include departments, undertakings and branches