FIR Online, download legal format. IPC, CPC, CrPC, IP, NI, CP Act

What is Alternate Relief in Divorce Proceedings? Section 13A of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955. What is divorce by Mutual Consent as per Section 13B of The Hindu Marriage Act 1955. Alternate relief and Divorce by mutual consent of husband and wife.

Alternate Relief in Divorce Proceedings is under Section 13A of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955. Provisions related to Alternate Relief in Divorce Proceedings under this Act are.


Section 13-A of The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Alternate Relief in Divorce Proceedings.

If any proceeding under this Act, on a petition for dissolution of marriage by a decree of divorce, except in so far as the petition is founded on the grounds mentioned in clauses (ii), (vi) and (vii) of sub-section (1) of Section 13, the court may, if it considers it just so to do having regard to the circumstances of the case, pass instead a decree for judicial separation.

Section 13B - Divorce by mutual consent.
The husband and wife with mutual consent can file a divorce petition after one year of the marriage under the provisions of Section 13B of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. The Provisions for divorce by mutual consent are:




Section 13B (1) Subject to the provisions of this Act a petition for dissolution of marriage by a decree of divorce may be presented to the District Court by both the parties to a marriage together, whether such marriage was solemnized before or after the commencement of the Marriage Laws (Amendment) Act, 1976, on the ground that they have been living separately for a period of one year or more, that they have not been able to live together and that they have mutually agreed that the marriage should be dissolved.

Section 13 (2) On the motion of both the parties made earlier than six months after the date of the presentation of the petition referred to in sub-section (1) and not later than eighteen months after the said date, if the petition is not withdrawn in the mean time, the Court shall, on being satisfied, after hearing the parties and after making such inquiry as it thinks fit, that a marriage has been solemnized and that the averments in the petition are true, pass a decree of divorce declaring the marriage to be dissolved with effect from the date of the decree.


Home    About Us     Privacy Policy     Disclaimer      Sitemap