How to file Application for Transfer Under Article 139A(2) of constitution and section 25 of Code of Civil Procedure 1908? Order XLI of Supreme Court Rules 2013
1. Every petition under article I39A(2) of the Constitution or section 25 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, shall be in writing. It shall state succinctly and clearly all relevant facts and particulars of the case, the name of the High Court or other Civil Court in which the case is pending and the grounds on which the transfer is sought. The petition shall be supported by an affidavit.
2. The petition shall be posted before the Court for preliminary hearing and orders as to issue of notice. Upon such hearing the Court, if satisfied that no prima facie case for transfer has been made out, shall dismiss the petition and if upon such hearing the Court is satisfied that a prima facie case for granting the petition is made out, it shall direct that notice be issued to the parties in the case concerned to show cause why the case be not transferred. A copy of the Order shall he transmitted to the High Court concerned.
3. The notice shall be served not less than four weeks before the date fixed for the final hearing of the petition. Affidavits in opposition shall be filed in the Registry not later than one week before the date appointed for hearing and the affidavit in reply shall be filed not later than two days preceding the day of the hearing of the petition. Copies of affidavits in opposition and in reply Shall be served on the opposite party or parties and the affidavits shall not be accepted in the Registry unless they contain an endorsement of service signed by such party or parties.
4. The petition shall thereafter be listed for final hearing before the Court.
5. Save as otherwise provided by the rules contained in this Order the provisions of other orders (including Order LI) shall, so far as may he, apply to petition under this Order.
Order XLI - Application for Transfer Under Article 139A(2) of constitution and section 25 of Code of Civil Procedure 1908
Order XLII - Special Reference under Article 143 of the Constitution
Order XLIII - Reference made by the President under Article 317(1) of the Constitution or any statute
Order XLIV - Reference made by the central Government / Statutory Tribunal under statutes
Order XLV - Reference under section 257 of the Income Tax Act 1961
(E) ELECTION PETITIONS
Order XLVI - Election Petitions under Part III of the Presidential and Vice-Presidential Elections Act, 1952 (31 of 1952)
Order XLVIII - Curative Petition
Order LI - Notice of Proceedings to the Attorney General for India or Advocate General of States
Order LIII - Service of documents
Order LV - Power to dispense and inherent powers
Order LVI - Destruction of Records
Rules to regulate proceedings for contempt of the Supreme Court, 1975