A rent agreement is a legal document, also known as contract between the landlord (owner of the property) and tenant for a fixed period of time, that contains the pre-discussed norms and conditions under which the tenant has the temporary possession of the property. A rental agreement is usually written, between the owner of a property and a renter who desires to have temporary possession of the property; it is distinguished from a lease, which is more typically for a fixed term.
Sample Format of Rent Agreement of Residential House is given below.
THIS AGREEMENT made at _____________, on the day of __________, 20__
1. Sri. _________________ S/o _______________ Resident of _______________ hereinafter called "the Owner" (which expression shall, unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof, include their respective heirs, executors, administrators and assigns) of the ONE PART
1. __________________ S/o _______________Resident of _______________ _______________ hereinafter called "the Tenant" (which expression shall, unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof include his/her heirs, executors and/or administrators and assigns) of the OTHER PART
The Owner is the absolute owner with all rights of ownership and possession of the (address of the renting property) (the "Rented Premises"). The Tenant offered to take on rent the Demised Premises for a monthly rent of Rs.______/-(Rupees in words).
NOW THESE PRESENTS WITNESS that the parties hereto agree, record and confirm as under :-
Effective from the __ 20__ the Owner has let out to the Tenant and the Tenant has taken a tenancy from the Owner the rented premises viz. (address of the renting property) along with amenities.
The Tenant doth hereby agree with the Owner as under :
1. That the Tenant shall pay the Owner Rs.______/-(Rupees in words) per month including of maintenance charges on or before the ____ day of each English Calendar month.
2. The Tenant has deposited with Owner Rs.______/-(Rupees in words) as advance and security deposit which the Owner hereby acknowledges the said sum shall carry no interest but refundable to the Tenant on the termination of the tenancy.
3. The Owner shall have the right to terminate the tenancy if the Tenant fails to pay the rent regularly for a consecutive period of two or more months;
4. The tenancy shall be in force for a period of eleven months from ___________20__. The tenancy shall be renewed for further period/s mutually agreed between parties on the terms and conditions.
5. That Tenant shall pay the electricity charges directly for the electricity consumed in the rented premises as per the metre (fixed by __________ Electricity Dept.) in respect thereof. The Owner shall pay all the Municipal Taxes and applicable to the property;
6. That the Tenant shall not make any alterations to the rented without the consent of the Owner. If any alterations or repairs are required the Owner should be duly informed for the same;
7. The Tenant shall use the premises only for residential purpose and shall not use it for any offensive or objectionable purpose, and shall sublet under lease or part the possession to anybody without consent of the Owner.
8. The Owner shall allow the Tenant peaceful possession of any enjoyment of the premises during the continuance of tenancy provided the Tenant acts up to the terms of this agreement
9. It is hereby agreed that one month notice on either side is required for the termination of the tenancy.
1) Tube Lights/CFL Bulbs:
3) Exhaust Fan:
5) Air Conditioners :
IN WITHESSES WHEREOF, THE PARTIES HERETO HAVE EXECUTED THESE PRESENTS OF THE DAY, MONTH AND YEAR ABOVE WRITTEN.
Section 105 "Lease defined"
105. A lease of immovable property is a transfer of a right to enjoy such property, made for a certain time, express or implied, or in perpetuity, in consideration of a price paid or promised, or of money, a share of crops, service or any other thing of value, to be rendered periodically or on specified occasions to the transferor by the transferee, who accepts the transfer on such terms.
Lessor, lessee, premium and rent defined.
The transferor is called the lessor, the transferee is called the lessee, the price is called the premium, and the money, share, service or other thing to be so rendered is called the rent.