Sample format of Adoption Deed by Guardian is given below:
ADOPTION DEED BY GUARDIAN
THIS DEED of adoption made on this __________ day of ___________ between Sh.________
,s/o __________________r/o _____________ (hereinafter called "the adoptive
father") of one part AND Smt. _________, widow of Late Sh. _______________r/o
______________, (hereinafter called "the guardian") of the other part.
1. The adoptive father has no issue and has no expectation of having any issue due to the reason of having become quite aged.
2. The adoptive father has long been anxious to adopt a suitable boy as his son.
3. Sh.______________ has been appointed as the guardian of ______________ (name of the child) by a court of competent jurisdiction vide order dated ______________.
4. The adoptive father, after taking consent of my wife, adopted ___________ aged _________, from his guardian Sh._______________ s/o Sh.______________ r/o ______________ .and the said child has been given in adoption by the guardian with the prior permission of the court vide dated _______, a copy of which is annexed hereto.
5. The ceremony of giving and taking in adoption has been duly performed along with other religious ceremonies customary with the parties on the day of ____________.
6. The parties considered it expedient and necessary that a proper deed of adoption be executed as an authentic record of adoption.
NOW THIS DEED WITNESSESETH AS FOLLOWS:
1. Declaration of Adoption The parties hereto do hereby declare that the adoptive father has duly adopted the said child as his son from the day of _________ i.e. the day on which ceremony of giving and taking in adoption has been duly performed along with other religious ceremonies customary with the parties.
2. Legal rights and liabilities of adopted son The said son has been transferred to the family of adoptive father and shall have, from the date of adoption, all the legal rights and liabilities of an adopted son.
3. Maintenance, etc. of adopted son The adoptive father shall be liable for the maintenance, education and other expenses of the adopted son and shall bear all such expenses in accordance with his status.
IN WITNESS WHERE OF, the parties hereunto have signed this deed this
____________ day of __________.
ADOPTIVE FATHER _______________