Criminal Conspiracy under Indian Penal Code is defined under Section 120A and Punishment for Criminal Conspiracy under section 120B of Indian Penal Code 1860. Provisions under section 120A and 120B are:
When two or more persons agree to do, or cause to be done,
(1) an illegal act, or
(2) an act which is not illegal by illegal means, such an agreement is designated a criminal conspiracy:
Provided that no agreement except an agreement to commit an offence shall
amount to a criminal conspiracy unless some act besides the agreement is
done by one or more parties to such agreement in pursuance thereof.
Explanation. It is immaterial whether the illegal act is the ultimate object of such agreement, or is merely incidental to that object.]
1. Ins. by Act 8 of 1913, s. 3.
(1) Whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit an offence punishable with death, 2[imprisonment for life] or rigorous imprisonment for a term of two years or upwards, shall, where no express provision is made in this Code for the punishment of such a conspiracy, be punished in the same manner as if he had abetted such offence.
(2) Whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy other than a criminal conspiracy to commit an offence punishable as aforesaid shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term not exceeding six months, or with fine or with both.]
1. 3. Ins. by Act 8 of 1913, s. 3.
2. Subs. by Act 26 of 1955, s.
117 and the Sch., for "transportation" (w.e.f. 1-1-1956).
Section 120A, 120B of Indian Penal Code - What is criminal conspiracy? What is punishment for criminal conspiracy?
Section 141, 142 and 143 of Indian Penal Code - What is unlawful assembly? What is the punishment for unlawful Assembly?
Section 144 and 145 of Indian Penal Code - Joining unlawful assembly armed with deadly weapon, continuing and its punishment
Section 146, 147 and 148 of Indian Penal Code - Rioting, What is Punishment for rioting? Rioting armed with deadly weapon
Section 171B of Indian Penal Code - What is Bribery? What is Punishment for Bribery? Section 171 E of IPC
Section 172 of Indian Penal Code - What is the punishment for absconding to avoid summons?
Section 174 of Indian Penal Code - What is the punishment for non appearance in obedience to an order from public servant?
Section 191 of Indian Penal Code - What is false evidence?
Section 192 of Indian Penal Code - What is fabricating false evidence?
Section 193 of Indian Penal Code - What is the Punishment for false evidence?