Section 300 of CRPC "Person once convicted or acquitted not to be tried for same offence"
(1) A person who has once been tried by a Court of competent jurisdiction for an offence and convicted or acquitted of such offence shall, while such conviction or acquittal remains in force, not be liable to be tried again for the same offence, nor on the same facts for any Other Offence for which a different charge from the one made against him might have been made under sub-section (1) of Section 221, or for which he might have been convicted under sub-section (2) thereof
(2) A person acquitted or convicted of any offence, may be afterwards tried, with the consent of the State Government, for any distinct offence for which a separate charge might have been made against him at the former trial under sub-section (1) of Section 220
(3) A person convicted of any offence constituted by any
act causing consequences which, together with such act,
constituted a different offence from that of which he was
convicted, may be afterwards tried for such last mentioned
offence, if the consequences had not happened,
(4) A person acquitted convicted of any offence constituted by any acts may, notwithstanding such acquittal or conviction, be subsequently charged with, and tried for, any other offence constituted by the same acts which he may have committed if the Court by which he was first tried was not competent to try the offence with which he is subsequently charged.
(5) A Person discharged under Section 258 shall not be tried again for the same offence except with the consent of the Court by which he was discharged or of any other Court to which the first mentioned Court is subordinate.
(6) Nothing in this Section shall affect the provisions ,of Section 26 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897) or of Section 188 of this Code.
Explanation:- The dismissal of a complaint, or the discharge of the accused, is not an acquittal for the purpose of this Section.
GENERAL PROVISIONS AS TO INQUIRIES AND TRIALS
What are the Rights of person against whom proceedings instituted to be defended? What is Legal aid to accused at State expense in certain cases? Section 303 and 304 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
What is Local Inspection? What is power to summon material witness, or examine Person? What is present Expenses of complainants and witnesses? Section 310, 311 and 312 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
What is the meaning of accused person to be competent witness? What is the meaning of no Influence to be used to induce disclosure? What is the Provision for inquiries and trial being held in the absence of accused in certain cases? Section 315, 316 and 317 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
What is the Procedure where accused does not understand proceedings? What is Power to proceed against other persons appearing to be guilty of offence? Section 318 and 319 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973