What is Rectification by Central Government in register of charges? What is Register of members etc? Section 87 and 88 of Indian Companies Act 2013
Rectification by Central Government in register of charges and Register of members etc are defined under Section 87 and 88 of Indian Companies Act 2013. Provisions under these sections are:
Section 87 of Indian Companies Act 2013 "Rectification by Central Government in register of charges"
(1) The Central Government on being satisfied that -
(i) (a) the omission to file with the Registrar the particulars of any charge created by a company or any charge subject to which any property has been acquired by a company or any modification of such charge; or
(b) the omission to register any charge within the time required under this Chapter or the omission to give intimation to the Registrar of the payment or the satisfaction of a charge, within the time required under this Chapter; or
(c) the omission or mis-statement of any particular with respect to any such charge or modification or with respect to any memorandum of satisfaction or other entry made in pursuance of section 82 or section 83, was accidental or due to inadvertence or some other sufficient cause or it is not of a nature to prejudice the position of creditors or shareholders of the company; or
(ii) on any other grounds, it is just and equitable to grant
relief, it may on the application of the company or any
person interested and on such terms and conditions as it may
seem to the Central Government just and expedient, direct
that the time for the filing of the particulars or for the
registration of the charge or for the giving of intimation
of payment or satisfaction shall be extended or, as the case
may require, that the omission or mis-statement shall be
(2) Where the Central Government extends the time for the registration of a charge, the order shall not prejudice any rights acquired in respect of the property concerned before the charge is actually registered.
Section 88 of Indian Companies Act 2013 "Register of members, etc"
(1) Every company shall keep and maintain the following registers in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed, namely:-
(a) register of members indicating separately for each class of equity and preference shares held by each member residing in or outside India;
(b) register of debenture-holders; and
(c) register of any other security holders.
(2) Every register maintained under sub-section (1) shall include an index of the names included therein.
(3) The register and index of beneficial owners maintained by a depository under section 11 of the Depositories Act, 1996, shall be deemed to be the corresponding register and index for the purposes of this Act.
(4) A company may, if so authorised by its articles, keep in any country outside India, in such manner as may be prescribed, a part of the register referred to in sub-section (1), called “foreign register” containing the names and particulars of the members, debenture holders, other security holders or beneficial owners residing outside India.
Punishment for not maintaining Register of members
(5) If a company does not maintain a register of members or debenture-holders or other security holders or fails to maintain them in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), the company and every officer of the company who is in default shall be punishable with fine which shall not be less than fifty thousand rupees but which may extend to three lakh rupees and where the failure is a continuing one, with a further fine which may extend to one thousand rupees for every day, after the first during which the failure continues.
Register of charges to be kept by Registrar, Responsibility
of Company to report satisfaction of charge. Section
81 and 82 of Indian Companies Act 2013
What is Power of Registrar to make entries of satisfaction and release in absence of intimation from company? What is Intimation of appointment of receiver or manager? Section 83 and 84 of Indian Companies Act 2013
What is Power of Tribunal to call meetings of members, etc? What is Punishment for default in complying with provisions of sections 96 to 98? What is the procedure for Calling of extraordinary general meeting? Section 98, 99 and 100 of Indian Companies Act 2013