If you are not a party in the Supreme Court and the court has passed any Judgment and you are aggrieved by it or your rights are affected, you can file a Review Petition under Article 137 of the Constitution against the Judgment / Order of Supreme Court with an application for permission to file Review Petition with explanation about how your rights are affected.
Sample format of Application for permission to file Review Petition in Supreme Court is given below:
IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
CIVIL ORIGINAL JURISDICTION
REVIEW PETITION (CIVIL) NO. __________ OF 20__
CIVIL APPEAL No. ___ OF 20__
IN THE MATTER OF :
___________ & OTHERS PETITIONERS
___________ & OTHERS
APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO FILE REVIEW PETITION ON BEHALF OF THE PETITIONERS
THE HON'BLE CHIEF JUSTICE OF OF INDIA AND HIS HON'BLE COMPANION JUSTICES OF
THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
THE HUMBLE APPLICATION OF THE PETITIONERS ABOVE NAMED
MOST RESPECTFULLY SHOWETH
1. That the petitioners are filing the accompanying Review Petition under
Article 137 of the Constitution of India read with Order XLVII of the Supreme
Court Rules, 2013 impugning the judgment/order dated ______ passed by this
Hon'ble Court in Civil Appeal ____ of 20__ titled '_______________ vs.
_______________ & Anr'.
2. This Review petition is being filed by the petitioners who are students of the Engineering Course who were admitted under the interim orders of the High Court. The petitioners are aggrieved by the order of this Hon'ble Court dated _______ and the humble Endeavour on the part of the petitioners is to bring the notice of this Hon'ble Court a case of indecisive future of __ number of innocent students whose two years of hard Engineering study would go completely waste. It is also virtually impossible for them to get admission elsewhere after two years of passing out of school.
3. The petitioners had appeared through a common entrance test conducted by the ___________ Institution-Management basing on the advertisement published __________ against the NRI quota and the subsequent advertisement dated ________ in pursuant to the interim order passed by the of the Hon'ble High Court of ________ in W.P.(C) No. _____ of 20__. The Petitioners were issued rank cards and they were informed to attend the counseling on _______ by the Institution-Management. The Petitioners were selected and admitted to the Engineering Course on the last date of admission i.e. ________.
4. Therefore, the petitioners respectfully submit that though they were not a party in the Civil Appeal No. ____of 20__ but since their interests are vitally affected because of the impugned order, they may kindly be permitted by this Hon'ble Court to move the accompanying review petition.
5. This Application is being made bona fide and in the interest of justice.
In these facts and circumstances, the petitioners respectfully pray that your Lordships may be pleased to:
(i) Permit the petitioners to file the accompanying review petition against the judgment/order dated ______ passed by this Hon'ble Court in Civil Appeal No. ____ of 20__.
(ii) Pass other or further orders as may be deemed fit and proper.
AND FOR THIS ACT OF KINDNESS THE APPLICANT AS IN DUTY BOUND SHALL EVER PRAY
COUNSEL FOR THE PETITIONER
DRAWN & FILED ON:
3. Writ Petitions
4. Review Petitions
6. Contempt Petition
7. Applications to Supreme Court