Section 45 of CRPC. "Protection of members of the Armed
Forces from arrest"
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in sections 41 to 44 (both inclusive), no member of the Armed Forces of the Union shall be arrested for anything done or purported to be done by him in the discharge of his official duties except after obtaining the consent of the Central Government.
(2) The State Government may, by notification, direct that the provisions of sub-section (1) shall apply to such class or category of the members of the Force charged with the maintenance of public order as may be specified therein, wherever they may be serving, and thereupon the provisions of that sub-section shall apply as if for the expression "Central Government" occurring therein, the expression "State Government" were substituted
Section 46 of CRPC. "Arrest how made?"
(1) In making an arrest the police officer or other person making the same shall actually touch or confine the body of the person to be arrested, unless there be a submission to the custody by word or action.
(2) If such person forcibly resists the endeavour to arrest him, or attempts to evade the arrest, such police officer or other person may use all means necessary to effect the arrest.
(3) Nothing in this section gives a right to cause the death of a person who is not accused of an offence punishable with death or with imprisonment for life
Section 49,50 and 51 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973 - What is No unnecessary restraint? What is Person arrested to be informed of grounds of arrest and of right to bail? What is Search of arrested person?
Section 52, 53 and 54 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973 - What is Power to seize offensive weapons? What is Examination of accused by medical practitioner at the request of police officer? What is Examination of arrested person by medical practitioner at the request of the arrested person?
Section 55, 56 and 57 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973 - What is Procedure when police officer deputes subordinate to arrest without warrant? What is Person arrested to be taken before Magistrate or officer in charge of police station? Person arrested not to be detained more than twenty-four hours?