Section 388 of CRPC "Order of High Court on appeal to be certified to lower Court"
(1) Whenever a case is decided on appeal by the High Court under this Chapter, it shall certify its judgment or order to the Court by which the finding, sentence or order appealed against was recorded or passed and if such Court is that of a Judicial Magistrate other than the Chief Judicial Magistrate, the High Court's judgment or order shall be sent through the Chief Judicial Magistrate, and if such Court is that of an Executive Magistrate, the High Court judgment or order shall be sent through the District Magistrate.
(2) The Court to which the High Court certifies its judgment or order shall thereupon make such orders as are comfortable to the judgment or order of the High Court, and if necessary, the record shall be amended in accordance therewith.
Section 389 of CRPC "Suspension of sentence pending the appeal; release of appellant on bail"
(1) Pending any appeal by a convicted person, the
Appellate Court may, for reasons to be recorded by it in
writing, order that the execution of the sentence or order
appealed against be suspended and, also if he is in
confinement, that he be released on bail, or on his own
(2) The power conferred by this section on a Appellate Court may be exercised also by the High Court in the case of an appeal by a convicted person to a Court subordinate thereto.
(3) Where the convicted person satisfies the Court by which he is convicted that he intends to present an appeal, the Court shall.--
(i) where such person, being on bail, is sentenced to imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years, or
(ii) where the offence of which such person has been convicted is a bailable one, and he is on bail,
order that the convicted person be released on bail, unless there are special reasons for refusing bail, for such period as will afford sufficient time to present the appeal and obtain the orders of the Appellate Court under sub-section (1), and the sentence of imprisonment shall, so long as he is so released on bail, be deemed to be suspended.
(4) When the appellant is ultimately sentenced to imprisonment for a term or to imprisonment for life, the time during which he is so released shall be excluded in computing the term for which he is so sentenced.
No appeal to lie unless otherwise provided. What is appeal from orders requiring security or refusal to accept or rejecting surety for keeping peace or good behaviour? What is the rule for appeals from convictions? Section 372, 373 and 374 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
What is appeal against conviction by High Court in certain cases? What is Special right of appeal in certain cases? What is appeal to Court of Session? how heard Petition of appeal? Section 379, 380, 381 and 382 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
What is the procedure when appellant in jail? What is summary dismissal of appeal? What is the procedure for hearing appeals not dismissed summarily? Section 383, 384 and 385 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
What is Procedure where Judges of Court of Appeal are equally divided? What is Finality of judgment and orders on appeal? What is Abatement of appeals? Section 392, 393 and 394 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973