Section 357A of CRPC "Victim Compensation Scheme"1
(1) Every State Government in co-ordination with the Central Government shall prepare a scheme for providing funds for the purpose of compensation to the victim or his dependents who have suffered loss or injury as a result of the crime and who require rehabilitation.
(2) Whenever a recommendation is made by the Court for compensation, the District Legal Service Authority or the State Legal Service Authority, as the case may be, shall decide the quantum of compensation to be awarded under the scheme referred to in sub-section (1).
(3) If the trial Court, at the conclusion of the trial, is satisfied, that the compensation awarded under section 357 is not adequate for such rehabilitation, or where the cases end in acquittal or discharge and the victim has to be rehabilitated, it may make recommendation for compensation.
(4) Where the offender is not traced or identified, but the victim is identified, and where no trial takes place, the victim or his dependents may make an application to the State or the District Legal Services Authority for award of compensation.
(5) On receipt of such recommendations or on the application under sub-section (4), the State or the District Legal Services Authority shall, after due enquiry award adequate compensation by completing the enquiry within two months.
(6) The State or the District Legal Services Authority, as the case may be, to alleviate the suffering of the victim, may order for immediate first-aid facility or medical benefits to be made available free of cost on the certificate of the police officer not below the rank of the officer in charge of the police station or a Magistrate of the area concerned, or any other interim relief as the appropriate authority deems fit.
1. Ins. by Act 5 of 2009, s. 28 (w.e.f. 31-12-2009).
What is Special reasons to be recorded in certain cases Court not to alter judgment, Copy of judgment to be given to the accused and other persons. Section 361, 362 and 363 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
SUBMISSION OF DEATH SENTENCES FOR CONFIRMATION
Sentence of death to be submitted by Court of Session for confirmation. What is Power to direct further inquiry to be made or additional evidence to be taken Section 366 and 367 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
What is the Power of High Court to confirm sentence or annul conviction, What is Confirmation or new sentence to be signed by two Judges, What is Procedure in case of difference of opinion What is Procedure in cases submitted to High Court for confirmation Section 368, 369, 370 and 371 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973