How to deal with Reference made by the President under Article 317(1) of the Constitution or any statute or Governor under any Statute? Order XLIII of Supreme Court Rules 2013
1. On receipt by the Registrar of reference from the President under article 317(1) of the Constitution or any Statute or from Governor under any statute, referring to the Court, grounds for inquiry, it shall be registered in the Register maintained for the purpose and numbered as "Reference No of 20 under [Article 317(1) of the Constitution/Section and Name of the Act under which the reference is made].
2. As soon as the reference is registered and numbered, the Registrar shall give notice to the person sought to be removed from the concerned office and to the Attorney-General for India, or the Advocate-General of the particular State or to such person as the statute under which the reference is made so provides, to appear before the Court on a day specified in the notice to take the directions of the Court in the matter of the inquiry. A copy of the charges preferred against him along with the documents relied upon, shall be furnished to the respondent along with the notice.
3. The Court may devise its own procedure for hearing of the reference.
4. The Court may summon such witnesses as it considers necessary.
5. After the hearing of the reference the Registrar shall transmit to the President or the Governor, as the case may be, the Report of the Court.
6. No Court fees or process fees shall be payable in connection with any reference dealt with by the Court under this Order.
(D) PROVISIONS REGARDING SPECIAL LEAVE PETITIONS UNDER
ARTICLE 136 OF THE CONSTITUTION
Order XXI - Special Leave Petitions (Civil) SLP
Order XXII - Special Leave Petitions in Criminal Proceedings
(E) APPEALS UNDER THE SPECIAL ACTS
Order XXIII - appeals under section 38 of the advocates act, 1961(25 of 1961)
Order XXIV - Appeals under Section 23 of the Consumer Protection Act 1986
(A) ORIGINAL SUITS
Order XXVII - Issue and Service of Summons
Order XXVIII - Written Statement, Set-off and Counter-Claim
Order XXIX - Pleadings Generally
Order XXX - Discovery and Inspection
Order XXXII - Summoning and attendance of Witnesses
Order XXXIV - Hearing of the Suit
Order XXXV - Withdrawal and adjustment of Suits
Order XXXVI - Payment into court
(B) PETITIONS UNDER ARTICLE 32 OF THE CONSTITUTION
Order XXXVIII - Application for enforcement of fundamental rights (Article 32 of Constitution)
Order XXXIX - Applications for transfer of criminal proceeding under section 406 of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 and Section 11 of the Terrorist affected areas (Special Courts) Act, 1984
Order XL - Application for transfer under Article 139A (1) of the Constitution