[28th March, 2018.]
An Act further to amend the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972. BE it enacted by Parliament in the Sixty-ninth Year of the Republic of India as follows:"
1. (1) This Act may be called the Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Act, 2018.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. In the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), in section 2, for clause (k), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:"
'(k) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette
and the expression "notified" shall be construed accordingly;'.
3. In section 2A of the principal Act, in sub-section (2), in the Explanation, in clause (iv), for the words "twelve weeks", the words "such period as may be notified by the Central Government from time to time" shall be substituted.
4. In section 4 of the principal Act, in sub-section (3), for the words "ten lakh rupees", the words "such amount as may be notified by the Central Government from time to time" shall be substituted.