What is Terms of office of Chairperson and Members and Salary and Allowances payable to Chairperson and Members under section 23 and 24 of The Real Estate (Regulation and Development Act, 2016). Terms of office of Chairperson and Members Salary and Allowances payable to Chairperson and Members are defined under Section 23 and 24 of the Act. Provisions under Section 23 and 24 are:
(1) The Chairperson and Members shall hold office for a term not exceeding five years from the date on which they enter upon their office, or until they attain the age of sixty five years, whichever is earlier and shall not be eligible for re-appointment.
(2) Before appointing any person as a Chairperson or Member, the appropriate Government shall satisfy itself that the person does not have any such financial or other interest as is likely to affect prejudicially his functions as such Member.
(1) The salary and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of service of, the Chairperson and other Members shall be such as may be prescribed and shall not be varied to their disadvantage during their tenure.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 23, the Chairperson or a Member, as the case may be, may,-
(a) relinquish his office by giving in writing, to the appropriate Government, notice of not less than three months; or
(b) be removed from his office in accordance with the
provisions of section 26 of
(3) Any vacancy caused to the office of the Chairperson or any other Member shall be filled-up within a period of three months from the date on which such vacancy occurs.
The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016