How to change address, contact number, name on PAN Card online
through NSDL Website. How to do correction of Income Tax Permanent
Account Number online? What is the procedure to modify PAN card
If you are holding Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) and you
want to change address, contact mobile / telephone number or want to
do correction in the name or other PAN card data, you can do it
through the website of NSDL (National Securities Depository
To apply for changes or correction in PAN Details online, you
have to keep the supporting documents handy. The information
filled in the PAN data modification application should be
accurate and comparable with supporting documents. When you open
the website of NSDL to apply for changes or correction in pan
details six options will appear under the heading Application
for PAN through online services. They are 1. New PAN for Indian
Citizens (Form 49A), 2. New PAN for Foreign Citizens (Form
49AA), 3. Changes or correction in PAN details, 4.
Reprint of PAN Card, 5. Transaction Status Enquiry and 6. Status
Track for PAN Application.
To Apply for Changes or correction in PAN Details through NSDL
website, Please chose the 3rd Option to apply for changes or
correction in PAN details.
Steps to Apply for modification, changes or correction in
the PAN Card details online through NSDL
1. Open NSDL website to
To Apply for new PAN Card through NSDL website
2. Hit on the option Changes or Correction in PAN Details.
When you Hit on the
Changes or Correction in PAN Details button another web page
will open like shown below:
3. Hit on
Online Application for changes or Correction of PAN Data
(PAN Change Request Form)
4. Select Status of Applicant i.e. Individual, Partnership Firm,
Body of Individuals, Hindu Undivided Family, Association of
Persons, Body of Individuals, Local Authority, Company, Trust,
Artificial Judicial Person, Government Authority or Limited
5. Hit on Select Button
6. Strike on Submit button. Now online form for change or
correction in PAN data will be opened.
7. Now select the data which you want to change. e.g. Name,
address, contact number, Permanent address, date of birth etc.
8. Fill other required information.
9. Select the document attached for ID Proof, Address Proof and
correction of data
10. Chose Payment Type i.e. Demand Draft, Credit Card or Net
11. Hit on submit button
12. If you have filled all information correctly, a preview of
the information filled by you will be displayed. If the
information not filled correctly, the unfilled fields will be
displayed in red. In that case make necessary modification.
13. If the information is ok please strike on submit button.
14. Please make payment online if chosen so
15. Now the online application for change or correction of PAN
data is generated.
16. Please wait to get generated the Acknowledgement
17. Take the Printout of acknowledgement.
18. Attach Photograph
19. Attach ID Proof, Address Proof and proof for correction of
20. Sign on the space provided for signature
21. Send the document through courier to the address mentioned
on the acknowledgement or send it to the collection center. The
envelope should contain the word Application for Changes or
Correction in PAN Data Acknowledgement No. _____.
When NSDL office receive the PAN Application, you will get
information through e-mail / mobile acknowledging the receipt of
You can check status of your application online through
NSDL PAN Card Status online.
Within few days the Original PAN card will be delivered at your