Apply for new PAN Card online through NSDL Website. How to file
application for Income Tax Permanent Account Number online? What are
the documents required to obtain PAN card?
If you want to apply of Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN),
you can do it through the website of NSDL (National Securities
To apply for a New PAN Card online, you have to keep the
supporting documents handy. The information filled in the PAN
application should be accurate and comparable with supporting
documents. When you open the website of NSDL to track PAN Card
status six options will appear under the heading Application for
PAN through online services. They are 1. New PAN for Indian
Citizens (Form 49A), 2. New PAN for Foreign Citizens (Form
49AA), 3. Changes or correction in PAN details, 4. Reprint of
PAN Card, 5. Transaction Status Enquiry and 6. Status Track for
To Apply for new PAN Card through NSDL website, Please chose
the 1st Option if your are Indian Citizen or Chose 2nd option if
your are a Foreign Citizen.
Steps to Apply for New PAN Card online through NSDL
1. Open NSDL website to
To Apply for new PAN Card through NSDL website
2. If you are an Indian Citizen, Hit on New PAN for Indian
Citizen (Form 49A). If you a Foreign Citizen, Hit on New PAN for
Foreign Citizens Citizen (Form 49AA)
When you Hit on
New PAN for Foreign Citizens Citizen (Form 49AA another web
page will open like shown below:
When you Hit on New
PAN for Indian Citizen (Form 49A) another web page will open
like shown below:
3. Now chose Online Application for New PAN (Form 49A) for
Indian Citizens or Online Application for New PAN (Form 49AA)
for Foreign Citizen.
4. Select Status of Applicant i.e. Individual, Partnership Firm,
Body of Individuals, Hindu Undivided Family, Association of
Persons, Body of Individuals, Local Authority, Company, Trust,
Artificial Judicial Person, Government Authority or Limited
5. Now form No. 49A will open. Please fill all the information.
Area Code, AO Type, Range Code, and AO Number can be taken from
the AO details option.
6. Select the type of Identity proof and address proof to be
attached with the PAN Card Application form.
7. Please chose Payment method. Payment can be made through
Demand Draft, Credit Card or through net banking.
8. Strike on Submit button
9. If you have filled all information correctly, a preview of
the information filled by you will be displayed. If the
information not filled correctly, the unfilled fields will be
displayed in red. In that case make necessary modification.
10. If the information is ok please strike on submit button.
11. Please make payment online or chose for demand draft.
12. Now the online PAN application is generated.
13. Please wait to get generated the Acknowledgement
14. Take the Printout of acknowledgement.
15. Attach Photograph
16. Attach ID Proof and Address Proof
17. Sign on the space provided for signature
18. Send the document through courier to the address mentioned
on the acknowledgement or send it to the collection center. The
envelope should contain the word Application for Allotment of
PAN Acknowledgement No. _____.
When NSDL office receive the PAN Application, you will get
information through e-mail / mobile acknowledging the receipt of
You can check status of your application online through
NSDL PAN Card Status online.
Within few days the Original PAN card will be delivered at your