Section 12 Award of Collector when to be final Section 13 Adjournment of enquiry Section 13A Correction of clerical errors, etc - Land Acquisition Act 1894
Award of Collector when to be final? What is Adjournment of enquiry? How to do Correction of clerical errors, etc? Section 12, 13 and 13A of Land Acquisition Act 1894
Award of Collector when to be final, Adjournment of enquiry and Correction of clerical errors, etc are defined under section 12, 13 and 13A of Land Acquisition Act 1894. Provisions under these Sections are:
Section 12 of Land Acquisition Act 1894 "Award of Collector when to be final"
(1) Such award shall be filed in the Collector's office and shall, except as hereinafter provided, be final and conclusive evidence, as between the Collector and the persons interested, whether they have respectively appeared before the Collector or not, of the true area and value of the land, and the apportionment of the compensation among the persons interested.
(2) The Collector shall give immediate notice of his award to such of the persons interested as are not present personally or by their representatives when the award is made.
Section 13 of Land Acquisition Act 1894 "Adjournment of enquiry"
The Collector may, for any cause he thinks fit from time to time adjourn the enquiry to a day to be fixed by him.
Section 13A of Land Acquisition Act 1894 "Correction of clerical errors, etc"
(1) The Collector may, at any time but not later than six months from the date of the award, or where he has been required under section 18 to make a reference to the Court, before the making of such reference, by order, correct any clerical or arithmetical mistakes in the award or errors arising therein either on his own motion or on the application of any person interested or a local authority:
Provided that no correction which is likely to affect prejudicially any person shall be made unless such person has been given a reasonable opportunity of making a representation in the matter.
(2) The Collector shall give immediate notice of any correction made in the award to all the persons interested.
(3) Where any excess amount is proved to have been paid to any person as a result of the correction made under sub-section (1), the excess amount so paid shall be liable to be refunded and in the case of any default or refusal to pay, the same may be recovered as an arrear of land revenue.