Section 21 Notice to persons interested - The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act 2013
Notice to persons interested - Section 21 of Land Acquisition Act 2013
Notice to persons interested is defined under section 21 of Land Acquisition Act 2013. Provisions under this Section is:
Section 21 of Land Acquisition Act 2013 "Notice to persons interested"
(1) The Collector shall publish the public notice on his website and cause public notice to be given at convenient places on or near the land to be taken, stating that the Government intends to take possession of the land, and that claims to compensations and rehabilitation and resettlement for all interests in such land may be made to him.
(2) The public notice referred to in sub-section (I) shall state the particulars of the land so needed, and require all persons interested in the land to appear personally or by agent or advocate before the Collector at a time and place mentioned in the public notice not being less than thirty days and not more than six months after the date of publication of the notice, and to state the nature of their respective interests in the land and the amount and particulars of their claims to compensation for such interests, their claims to rehabilitation and resettlement along with their objections, if any, to the measurements made under section 20.
(3) The Collector may in any case require such statement referred to in sub-section (2) to be made in writing and signed by the party or his agent.
(4) The Collector shall also serve notice to the same effect on the occupier, if any, of such land and on all such persons known or believed to be interested therein, be entitled to act for persons so interested, as reside or have agents authorised to receive service on their behalf. within the revenue district in which the land is situated.
(5) In case any person so interested resides elsewhere, and has no such agent, the Collector shall ensure that the notice shall be sent to him by post in letter addressed to him at his last known residence, address of place or business and also publish the same in at least two national daily newspapers and also on his website.