First Schedule - Industries which may be declared to be public
utility services under Sub-Clause (VI) of Clause (N) of Section 2
[See section 2(n)(vi)] : Industrial Disputes Act 1947
What are the Industries which may be declared to be public utility
services under Sub-Clause (VI) of Clause (N) of Section 2? First
Schedule of Industrial Disputes Act 1947
1. Transport (other than railways) for the carriage of
passengers or goods by land or water,
5. Cotton textiles.
7. Iron and steel.
8. Defence establishments.
9. Service in hospitals and dispensaries.
10. Fire brigade service.
11. India Government Mints.
12. India Security Press.
13. Copper Mining.
14. Lead Mining.
15. Zinc Mining
16. Iron Ore Mining
17. Service in any oil field
19. Service in uranium industry
20. Pyrites mining industry
21. Security Paper Mill, Hoshangabad
22. Services in Bank Note Press, Dewas
23. Phosphorite mining
24. Magnesite Mining
25. Currency Note Press
26. Manufacture or production of mineral oil (crude oil),
motor and aviation spirit, diesel oil, kerosene oil, fuel oil,
diverse hydrocarbon oils and their blends including synthetic
fuels, lubricating oils and the like.
27. Service in the Airports Authority of India.
28. Industrial establishments manufacturing or producing
Nuclear Fuel and Components, Heavy Water and Allied Chemicals &
29. Processing or production of fuel gases (coal gas, natural
gas and the like)
30. Manufacturing of Alumina and Aluminium; and
31. Mining of Bauxite.