Section 269UB of Income Tax Act "Appropriate authority"
Section 269UB. (1) The Central Government may, by order, publish in the Official Gazette,-
(a) constitute as many appropriate authorities, as it thinks fit, to perform the functions of an appropriate authority under this Chapter ; and
(b) define the local limits within which the appropriate authorities shall perform their functions under this Chapter.
(2) An appropriate authority shall consist of three persons, two of whom shall be members of the Indian Income-tax Service, Group A, holding the post of Commissioner of Income-tax or any equivalent or higher post, and one shall be a member of the Central Engineering Service, Group A, holding the post of Chief Engineer or any equivalent or higher post.
(3) In respect of any function to be performed by an appropriate authority under any provision of this Chapter in relation to any immovable property referred to in section 269UC, the appropriate authority referred to therein shall,-
(a) in a case where such property is situate within the local limits of the jurisdiction of only one appropriate authority, be such appropriate authority ;
(b) in a case where such property is situate within the local limits of the jurisdiction of two or more appropriate authorities, be the appropriate authority empowered to perform such functions in relation to such property in accordance with the rules79 made in this behalf by the Board under section 295.
Explanation.-For the purposes of this sub-section, immovable property being rights of the nature referred to in sub-clause (ii) of clause (d) of section 269UA in, or with respect to, any land or any building or part of a building which has been constructed or which is to be constructed shall be deemed to be situate at the place where the land is situate or, as the case may be, where the building has been constructed or is to be constructed.
Section 269UC of Income Tax Act "Restrictions on transfer of immovable property"
Section 269UC. (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Transfer of Property Act, 1882 (4 of 1882), or in any other law for the time being in force, no transfer of any immovable property in such area and of such value exceeding five lakh rupees, as may be prescribed80, shall be effected except after an agreement for transfer is entered into between the person who intends transferring the immovable property (hereinafter referred to as the transferor) and the person to whom it is proposed to be transferred (hereinafter referred to as the transferee) in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) at least 81[four] months before the intended date of transfer.
(2) The agreement referred to in sub-section (1) shall be reduced to writing in the form of a statement by each of the parties to such transfer or by any of the parties to such transfer acting on behalf of himself and on behalf of the other parties.
(3) Every statement referred to in sub-section (2) shall,-
(i) be in the prescribed form ;
(ii) set forth such particulars as may be prescribed ; and
(iii) be verified in the prescribed manner, and shall be furnished to the appropriate authority in such manner and within such time as may be prescribed, by each of the parties to such transaction or by any of the parties to such transaction acting on behalf of himself and on behalf of the other parties.
(4) Where it is found that the statement referred to in sub-section (2) is defective, the appropriate authority may intimate the defect to the parties concerned and give them an opportunity to rectify the defect within a period of fifteen days from the date of such intimation or within such further period which, on an application made in this behalf, the appropriate authority may, in its discretion, allow and if the defect is not rectified within the said period of fifteen days, or as the case may be, the further period so allowed, then, notwithstanding anything contained in any other provision of this Chapter, the statement shall be deemed never to have been furnished.
What is Rectification of mistakes? What is Restrictions on revocation or alteration of certain agreements for the transfer of immovable property or on transfer of certain immovable property.? Section 269UJ and 269UK of Income Tax Act 1961
What is Restrictions on registration, etc., of documents in respect of transfer of immovable property? What is Immunity to transferor against claims of transferee for transfer? Section 269UL and 269UM of Income Tax Act 1961
What is Order of appropriate authority to be final and conclusive? What is Chapter not to apply to certain transfers? What is the meaning Chapter not to apply where transfer of immovable property effected after certain date Section 269UN, 269UO and 269UP of Income Tax Act 1961