Section 14 - Free consent defined : Indian Contract Act
What is Free consent? Section 14 of Indian Contract Act
Section 14 of Indian Contract Act 1872 : "Free consent defined"
14. Consent is said to be free when it is not
(1) coercion, as defined in section 15, or
(2) undue influence, as defined in section 16, or
(3) fraud, as defined in section 17, or
(4) misrepresentation, as defined in section 18, or
(5) mistake, subject to the provisions of sections 20, 21 and
Consent is said to be so caused when it would not have been
given but for the existence of such coercion, undue influence,
fraud, misrepresentation or mistake.