Article 58 of Constitution of India "Qualifications for election as President"
(1) No person shall be eligible for election as President
(a) is a citizen of India,
(b) has completed the age of thirty-five years, and
(c) is qualified for election as a member of the House of the People.
(2) A person shall not be eligible for election as President if he holds any office of profit under the or the Government of any State or under any local or other authority subject to the control of any of the said Governments.
Explanation.- For the purposes of this article, a person shall not be deemed to hold any office of profit by reason only that he is the President or Vice President of the Union or the Governor of any State or is a Minister either for the Union or for any State.
Article 59 of Constitution of India "Conditions of President's office"
(1) The President shall not be a member of either House of
Parliament or of a House of the Legislature of any State,
and if a member of either House of Parliament or of a House
of the Legislature of any State be elected President, he
shall be deemed to have vacated his seat in that House on
the date on which he enters upon his office as President.
(2) The President shall not hold any other office of profit.
(3) The President shall be entitled without payment of rent to the use of his official residences and shall be also entitled to such emoluments, allowances and privileges as may be determined by Parliament by law and, until provision in that behalf is so made, such emoluments, allowances and privileges as are specified in the Second Schedule.
(4) The emoluments and allowances of the President shall to be diminished during his term of office.
Article 60 of Constitution of India "Oath or affirmation by the President"
Every President and every person acting as President or
discharging the functions of the President shall, before
entering upon his office, make and subscribe in the presence
of the Chief Justice of India or, in his absence, the senior
most Judge of the Supreme Court available, an oath or
affirmation in the following form, that is to say-swear in
the name of God.
"I, ____ do ___________________ that I solemnly affirm will faithfully execute the office of President (or discharge the functions of the President) of India and will do the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution and the law and that I will devote myself to the service and well-being of the people of India."
What is the Right to work, to education and to public assistance in certain cases? What is the Provision for just and humane conditions of work and maternity relief? What is Living wage, etc., for workers? Article 41, 42 and 43 of Constitution of India, 1949
What is Participation of workers in management of industries? What is Uniform civil code for the citizens? What is Provision for free and compulsory education for children? Article 43A, 44 and 45 of Constitution of India, 1949
What is Promotion of educational and economic interests of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other weaker sections? What is Duty of the State to raise the level of nutrition and the standard of living and to improve public health? Article 46 and 47 of Constitution of India, 1949
What is Organization of agriculture and animal husbandry? What is Protection and improvement of environment and safeguarding of forests and wild life? What is Protection of monuments and places and objects of national importance? Article 48, 48A and 49 of Constitution of India, 1949