Article 244 of Constitution of India "Administration of Scheduled Areas and Tribal Areas"
(1) The provisions of the Fifth Schedule shall apply to the administration and control of the Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribes in any State other than the States of Assam Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram.
Article 244A of Constitution of India "Formation of
an autonomous State comprising certain tribal areas in Assam
and creation of local Legislature or Council of Ministers or
(1) Notwithstanding anything in this Constitution, Parliament may, by law, form within the State of Assam an autonomous State comprising (whether wholly or in part) all or any of the tribal areas specified in Part I of the table appended to paragraph 20 of the Sixth Schedule and create therefor-
(a) a body, whether elected or partly nominated and partly elected, to function as a Legislature for the autonomous State, or
(b) a Council of Ministers, or both with such constitution, powers and functions, in each case, as may be specified in the law.
(2) Any such law as is referred to in clause (1) may, in
(a) specify the matters enumerated in the State List or the Concurrent List with respect to which the legislature of the autonomous State shall have power to make laws for the whole or any part thereof, whether to the exclusion of the Legislature of the State of Assam or otherwise;
(b) define the matters with respect to which the executive power of the autonomous State shall extend;
(c) provide that any tax levied by the State of Assam shall be assigned to the autonomous State in so far as the proceeds thereof are attributable to the autonomous State;
(d) provide that any reference to a State in any article of this Constitution shall be construed as including a reference to the autonomous State; and
(e) make such supplemental, incidental and consequential provisions as may be deemed necessary.
(3) An amendment of any such law as aforesaid in so far as such amendsment relates to any of the matters specified in sub-clause (a) or sub-clause (b) of clause (2) shall have no effect unless the amendment is passed in each House of Parliament by not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting.
(4) Any such law as is referred to in this article shall not be deemed to be an amendment of this Constitution for the purposes of Article 368 notwithstanding that it contains any provision which amends or has the effect of amending this Constitution.
What is the Constitution and composition of wards Committees, etc? What is Reservation of seats? What is the Duration of Municipalities, etc? Article 243S, 243T and 243U of Constitution of India, 1949
What are the Disqualifications for membership? What are Powers, authority and responsibilities of Municipalities? What is the Power to impose taxes by, and funds, of, the Municipalities? Article 243V, 243W and 243X of Constitution of India, 1949
What is Application to Union territories? What is the meaning Part not to apply to certain areas? What is Committee for district planning? Article 243ZB, 243ZC and 243ZD of Constitution of India, 1949
What is Committee for Metropolitan Planning? What is Continuance of existing laws and Municipalities? What is Bar to interference by courts in electoral matters? Article 243ZE, 243ZF and 243ZG of Constitution of India, 1949
What is Administration of Scheduled Areas and Tribal Areas? What is Formation of an autonomous State comprising certain tribal areas in Assam and creation of local Legislature or Council of Ministers or both therefor? Article 244 and 244A of Constitution of India, 1949