Article 243ZB of Constitution of India "Application to Union territories"
The Provisions of this Part shall apply to the Union territories and shall, in their application to a Union territory, have effect as if the references to the Governor of a State were references to the Administrator of the Union territory appointed under article 239 and references to the Legislature or the Legislative Assembly of a State were references in relation to a Union territory having a Legislative Assembly, to that Legislative Assembly:
Provided that the President may, by public notification, direct that the provisions of this Part shall apply to any Union territory or part thereof subject to such exceptions and modifications as he may specify in the notification.
Article 243ZC of Constitution of India "Part not to apply
to certain areas"
(1) Nothing in this Part shall apply to the Scheduled Areas referred to in Clause (1), and the tribal areas referred to in Clause (2), of article 244.
(2) Nothing in this part shall be construed to affect the functions and powers of the Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council constituted under any law for the time being in force for the hill areas of the district of Darjeeling in the State of West Bengal.
(3) Notwithstanding anything in this Constitution, Parliament may, by law, extend the provisions of this Part to the Scheduled Areas and the Tribal Areas referred to in clause (1) subject to such exceptions and modifications as may be specified in such law, and no such law shall be deemed to be an amendment of this Constitution for the purposes of article 368.
Article 243ZD of Constitution of India "Committee for district planning"
(1) There shall be constituted in every State at the
district level a District Planning Committee to consolidate
the plans prepared by the Panchayats and the Municipalities
in the district and to prepare a draft development plan for
the district as a whole.
(2) The Legislative of a State may, by law, make provision with respect to;
(a) the composition of the District Planning Committees;
(b) the manner in which the seats in such Committees shall be filled:
Provided that not less than four-fifths of the total number of members of such Committee shall be elected by, and from amongst, the elected members of the Panchayat at the district level and of the Municipalities in the district in proportion to the ratio between the population of the rural areas and of the urban areas in the district;
(c) the functions relating to district planning which may be assigned to such Committees;
(d) the manner in which the Chairpersons of such Committees be chosen.
(3) Every District Planning Committee shall, in preparing the draft development plan,;
(a) have regard to;
(i) matters of common interest between the Panchayats and the Municipalities including spatial planning, sharing of water and other physical and natural resources, the integrate development of infrastructure and environmental conservation;
(ii) the extent and type of available resources whether financial or otherwise;
(b) consult such institutions and organizations as the Governor may, by order, specify.
(4) The Chairperson of every District Planning Committee shall forward the development plan, as recommended by such Committee, to the Government of the State.
What is the Constitution and composition of wards Committees, etc? What is Reservation of seats? What is the Duration of Municipalities, etc? Article 243S, 243T and 243U of Constitution of India, 1949
What are the Disqualifications for membership? What are Powers, authority and responsibilities of Municipalities? What is the Power to impose taxes by, and funds, of, the Municipalities? Article 243V, 243W and 243X of Constitution of India, 1949
What is Application to Union territories? What is the meaning Part not to apply to certain areas? What is Committee for district planning? Article 243ZB, 243ZC and 243ZD of Constitution of India, 1949
What is Committee for Metropolitan Planning? What is Continuance of existing laws and Municipalities? What is Bar to interference by courts in electoral matters? Article 243ZE, 243ZF and 243ZG of Constitution of India, 1949
What is Administration of Scheduled Areas and Tribal Areas? What is Formation of an autonomous State comprising certain tribal areas in Assam and creation of local Legislature or Council of Ministers or both therefor? Article 244 and 244A of Constitution of India, 1949