Income Tax   Service Tax    VAT   Central Excise   Companies Act   IPC   CRPC   Bare Acts   Tax Forms   Legal formats   Social  Income Source


How to get Religious worker Visa for USA? What are the Qualifications Religious Worker Visa? Petitions and supporting documents for R Visa.


Religious Worker Visa for USA (United States of America)

The R visa type is for individuals seeking to enter the United States to work in a religious capacity on a temporary basis, as defined in The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) ?101(a)(15)(R).


Qualifications for Religious worker Visa

Religious workers include persons authorized by a recognized entity to conduct religious worship and undertake other duties usually performed by authorized members of the clergy of that religion, and workers engaging in a religious vocation or occupation. The applicant must meet the following criteria if you seek a religious worker visa:



The applicant must be a member of a religious denomination recognized as a bona fide nonprofit religious organization in the U.S.
The religious denomination and its affiliate, if applicable, must be either exempt from taxation or qualify for tax-exempt status.

The applicant must have been:
(a) a member of the denomination for the two years immediately preceding your application for religious worker status

(b) planning to work as a minister of the denomination, or in a religious occupation or vocation for a bona fide, nonprofit religious organization (or a tax-exempt affiliate of such an organization)

(c) residing and physically present outside the U.S. for the immediate prior year, if you have previously spent five years in this category.

There is no requirement that the applicant have a residence abroad that have no intention of abandoning. However, the person must intend to depart the U.S. at the end of the lawful status, absent specific indications or evidence to the contrary.

The applicants prospective employer must file Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Note: Prospective employers should file the petition as soon as possible (but not more than 6 months before the proposed employment will begin) in order to provide adequate time for petition and subsequent visa processing.

The applicants petition, Form I-129, must be approved before you can apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate. When the petition is approved, the employer or agent will receive a Notice of Action, Form I-797, which serves as your petition's approval notification. The consular officer will verify your petition approval through the Department of State's Petition Information Management Service (PIMS) during your interview.

You applicant bring your I-129 petition receipt number to your interview at the Embassy or Consulate in order to verify your petition's approval. Please note that approval of a petition does not guarantee issuance of a visa if you are found to be ineligible for a visa under U.S. immigration law.





Supporting Documents for Religious Worker Visa for USA

Supporting documents are only one of many factors a consular officer will consider in your interview. Consular officers look at each application individually and consider professional, social, cultural and other factors during adjudication. Consular officers may look at applicants specific intentions, family situation, and your long-range plans and prospects within the country of residence. Each case is examined individually and is accorded every consideration under the law.

Caution: Do not present false documents. Fraud or misrepresentation can result in permanent visa ineligibility. If confidentiality is a concern, you should bring your documents to the Embassy or Consulate in a sealed envelope. The Embassy or Consulate will not make your information available to anyone and will respect the confidentiality of your information.

The applicant should bring the following documents to your interview:
A letter from an authorized official of the specific unit of the applicant employing organization certifying that if your religious membership was maintained outside the United States, in whole or in part, that the foreign and United States religious organizations belong to the same religious denomination and that, immediately prior to your application for an R visa, the applicant have been a member of the religious denomination for the required two-year period.



If the applicant is a minister, that you are authorized to conduct religious worship for that denomination. The duties should be described in detail; or
If the applicant is a religious professional, that you have at least a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent, and that such a degree is required for entry into the religious profession; or
the applicant is to work in a nonprofessional vocation or occupation, that you are qualified if the type of work to be done relates to a traditional religious function.

The arrangements for remuneration, including the amount and source of salary, other types of compensation such as food and housing, and any other benefits to which a monetary value may be affixed, and a statement whether such remuneration shall be in exchange for services rendered.

The name and location of the specific organizational unit of the religious denomination or affiliate for which you will provide services.

If the applicant work for an organization that is affiliated with a religious denomination, a description of the nature of the relationship between the two organizations.

Evidence of the religious organization's assets and methods of operation.

Applicants organization's papers of incorporation under applicable state law.





Apply for USA Religious Worker Journalist Visa

How to get Religious worker Visa for USA? What are the Qualifications Religious Worker Visa? Petitions and supporting documents for R Visa.


Apply for USA Journalist and Media Visa

How to get Journalist and Media Visa for USA? What are the Qualifications for Journalist I Visa? What are the restrictions for Journalist and Media Visa in the United States of America?

How to apply for Journalist and Media Visa for USA? What is the procedure to apply of I Visa for Journalist and Media?

What are the supporting documents to apply for Journalist and Media Visa for USA? What documents are required to submit at the time of interview?




Home     About Us     Privacy Policy     Disclaimer    Contact Us  Sitemap