Income Tax   Service Tax    VAT   Central Excise   Companies Act   IPC   CRPC   Bare Acts   Tax Forms   Legal formats   Social  Income Source


What is Temporary Residence VISA for Australia? What are the Qualifications for Australian Temporary residence?. What are the type of short term residence visa? Who can apply for temporary Residence visa to reside study in Australia?.





What is Temporary Residence visa for Australia

People who can contribute to the economic, cultural and social development of the Australian community can get the facility of temporary residence in Australia. Temporary residence visas allow people to live and work in Australia for a limited time. Most subclasses require sponsorship by an Australian organization which must be approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) in Australia before the application is lodged.


Who should apply for Australian Temporary Residence Visa?

There are different visa options available to participate in specific professional, cultural or social activities in Australia.

Applications for some categories of Temporary Residence visa (for instance, Entertainment, Occupational Trainee and Working Holiday Makers) must be sent directly to a processing office in Australia. Details of how and where to lodge applications are mentioned on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website.


Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) Visa (Subclass 401)

The following documents are to be submitted to apply for Temporary work Long Stay Activity Visa in Australia

Complete the application in Form 1401 Application for a Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa

For any anyone included in the application who is aged 18 years or over and is not your partner:
 Form 47A Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over

For each person included in the application who is aged 16 years or over:
Form 80 Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment


Receiving assistance

If someone gives the applicant advice or lodges your application for the applicant:
Form 956 Advice by a migration agent/exempt person of providing immigration assistance (the agent or exempt person completes the form and the applicant must sign it).

If the applicant would like someone to receive correspondence from the department on your behalf:
Form 956A Appointment or withdrawal of an authorised recipient (116kB PDF file) (the recipient completes the form and the applicant must sign it)

Personal documents of Applicant
identity of Applicant
Certified copies of the biographical pages of the current passports or travel documents of all people included in the application.
One recent passport sized photograph (45 mm x 35 mm) of the applicant and each other person included in the application.
These photographs should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background
Print the name of the person on the back of each photograph.
If your name has changed or the name of anyone included in your application has changed: a certified copy of evidence of the name change.

Relationships of Applicant

Certified copies of marriage certificates or relationship registrations for the applicant, your partner or anyone else included in your application, even if they are not joining the applicant in Australia.


If the applicant are living in a de facto relationship: independent evidence that the applicant have been in the relationship for at least six months (for example, joint bank account statements or billing accounts in joint names).

If the applicant or anyone included in the application has been widowed, divorced or permanently separated: a certified copy of the death certificate, divorce decree absolute, or statutory declaration/separation certificate.

Evidence of dependency for all dependants aged 18 or older (such as evidence of current studies):
a certified copy of their birth certificate and proof of their relationship to the applicant
proof that the relative lives in your household
proof that they have been financially dependent on the applicant for at least the 12 months immediately before the applicant lodge your application.

Children of the Applicant
Certified copies of birth certificates or the family book showing the names of both parents for all your dependent children.
If any dependent child included in the application is adopted: certified copies of the adoption papers.
If the applicant want to bring a child under 18 years of age with the applicant to Australia, and that child?s other parent is not included in the application: documentary evidence that the applicant have the legal right to include that child in your application, such as:
certified copies of official legal documents, such as a court-issued custody, access or guardianship order
Form 1229 Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years
If the applicant use this form, the applicant will have to attach a certified copy of the other parent?s government issued identification document (such as a passport or driver?s licence) with their photograph and a signature.

Character requirement
If the applicant or anyone included in the application has served in the armed forces of any country: certified copies of military service record or discharge papers.

Health insurance
Evidence of adequate health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia, such as:
a certification letter from your health insurer or broker
evidence that the applicant have enrolled with Medicare if your country has a reciprocal health arrangement with Australia
the health insurance standard template letter provider completed by your insurance

Financial support of the Applicant
Evidence of your financial capacity to support yourself and your family while the applicant are in Australia, such as:
bank statements
a letter from your financial institution stating your financial position
employment contracts
documents showing allowances, accommodation, and stipends from your sponsor while the applicant are in Australia.
the applicant need only support the family members who come with the applicant to Australia. the applicant do not need to show the applicant can support any family members who do not come with the applicant.

AusAID subsidised students

a copy of the letter of support from AusAID.

Sponsor of Applicant
Evidence that the sponsorship application has been lodged or approved, such as:
sponsorship application ID number
sponsorship approval letter.
A written statement from the sponsor confirming that they will meet the sponsorship obligations for all your dependent family members whom the applicant include in your application.

Nomination approval status


Evidence that the nomination application has been lodged or approved, such as:
nomination application ID number
nomination approval letter.

Skills and Experience
Curriculum vitae/resume and/or qualifications
Registration or licence/s to allow the applicant to undertake the nominated activity

Exchange stream
The staff exchange agreement between your sponsor and the reciprocating foreign organisation.

Sport stream
If the position is a contracted position, the contract between your sponsor and the applicant.

Domestic Worker (Executive) stream
A signed employment declaration from your sponsor.
If the applicant intend to stay in Australia for longer than 12 months: Police checks for everyone included in the visa application who is older than 16 years of age:
an Australian National Police Check for anyone who has spent a total of 12 months or more in Australia since turning 16 years of age
police certificates from each country in which anyone in your application has spent a total of 12 months or more in the past 10 years since turning 16 years of age
provide the original certificates and keep a copy for yourself.





Home     About Us     Privacy Policy     Disclaimer    Contact Us  Sitemap