Vakalatnama format. Download Vakalatnama in Microsoft Word format
IN THE COURT OF______________________________________
Suit/Appeal No _________________________________of 200__
_________________________Plaintiff /Appellant /Petitioner/ Complainant
KNOW ALL to whom these present shall come that I/We
__________________________the above named __________________do hereby appoint:
(herein after called the advocate/s) to be my/our Advocate in the above noted
case authorise him:-
1. To act, appear and plead in the above-noted case in this Court or in any
other Court in which the same may be tried or heard and also in the appellate
Court including High Court subject to payment of fees separately for each Court
2. To sign, file, verify and present pleadings, appeals, cross-objections or
petitions for executions review revision, withdrawal, compromise or other
petitions or affidavits or other documents as may be deemed necessary or proper
for the prosecution of the said case in all its stages subject to payment of
fees for each stage.
3. To file and take back documents, to admit and/or deny the documents of
4. To withdraw or compromise the said case or submit to arbitration any
differences or disputes that may arise touching or in any manner relating to the
5. To take execution proceedings.
6. To deposit, draw and receive monthly cheques, cash and grant receipts
thereof and to do all other acts and things which may be necessary to be done
for the progress and in the course of the prosecution of the said case.
7. To appoint and instruct any other Legal Practitioner authorising him to
exercise the power and authority hereby conferred upon the Advocate whenever he
may think fit to do so and to sign the power of attorney on our behalf.
8. And I/We the undersigned do hereby agree to rectify and confirm all acts
done by the Advocate or his substitute in the matter as my/our own acts, as if
done by me/us to all intents and proposes.
9. And I/We undertake that I/We or my/our duly authorised agent would appear
in Court on all hearings and will inform the Advocate for appearance when the
case is called.
10. And I/We the undersigned do hereby agree not to hold the advocate or his
substitute responsible for the result of the said case.
11. The adjournment costs whenever ordered by the Court shall be of the
Advocate which he shall receive and retain for himself.
12. And I/We the undersigned to hereby agree that in the event of the whole
or part of the fee agreed by me/us to be paid to the advocate remaining unpaid
he shall be entitled to withdraw from the prosecution of the said case until the
same is paid up. The fee settled is only for the above case and above Court.
I//we hereby agree that once fee is paid, I/We will not be entitled for the
refund of the same in any case whatsoever and if the case prolongs for more than
3 years the original fee shall be paid again by me/us.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I/We do hereunto set my/our hand to these presents the
contents of which have been understood by me/us on this _______day of _____200__
Accepted subject to the terms of the fees.
Advocate Client Client
Vakalatnama in MS Word