What is Amount of bond and reduction thereof? What is Bond of accused and sureties? What is Discharge from custody? Section 440, 441 and 442 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
Amount of bond and reduction thereof, Bond of accused and sureties and Discharge from custody are defined under Section 440, 441 and 442 of CRPC 1973. Provisions under these sections are:
Section 440 of CRPC "Amount of bond and reduction thereof"
(1) The amount of every bond executed under this chapter
shall be fixed with due regard to the circumstances of the
case, and shall not be excessive.
Section 441 of CRPC "Bond of accused and sureties"
(1) Before any person is released on bail or released on his own bond, a bond for such sum of money as the police officer or Court, as the case may be, thinks sufficient shall be executed by such person, and, when he is released on bail, by one or more sufficient sureties conditioned that such person shall attend at the time and place mentioned in the bond, and shall continue so to attend until otherwise directed by the police officer or Court, as the case may be.
(2) Where any condition is imposed for the release of any person on bail, the bond shall also contain that condition.
(3) If the case so requires, the bond shall also bind the
person released on bail to appear when called upon at the
High Court, Court of Sessions or other Court to answer the
Section 442 of CRPC "Discharge from custody"
(1) As soon as the bond has been executed, the person for
whose appearance it has been executed shall be released; and
when he is in jail, the court admitting him to bail shall
issue an order of release to the officer in charge of the
jail, and such officer on receipt of the orders shall
PROVISIONS AS TO BAIL AND BONDS
What is Power to order sufficient bail when that first taken is insufficient? What is Discharge of sureties? What is Deposit instead of recognisance? Section 443, 444 and 445 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973
What is the Procedure in case of insolvency of death of surety or when a bond is forfeited? When Bond required from minor? What is the procedure in Appeal from orders under Section 446? What is Power to direct levy of amount due on certain recognizances? Section 447, 448, 449 and 450 of Code of Criminal Procedure 1973